Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Require help in creating a Sudo/Shell script Post 302984333 by Don Cragun on Monday 24th of October 2016 11:21:24 PM
Old 10-25-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjvin
Hello Friends,

I have a scenario to create a script, I know many of you feel this as simple script.

I am not much familiar with unix scripting, please help me out.

Situation:-

1. I have a list of config files like 40+ would be getting deployed in the /app/abcd/src/Config/ (This will have hundred's of config files with similar extensions)
2. Now I should write a script where that should search all these new files (40+) in that /app/abcd/src/Config/ directory and if any of the files are not available and those should be displayed as output.

Please assist me in getting this done.

Thanks in advance !
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment This thread has been moved to the "UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers" forum.

You say you have a list of 40+ config files in a directory and you say there will be hundreds of config files in that directory. Then you say that there are 40+ new files and that if any of those new files are not "available", they should be displayed.

Is this list of 40+ files contained in your head? Is it written on a Post-It note? Is it in a file??? Is this list of 40+ files a list of 40+ new and old files? Or is this list of 40+ files just new files?

What determines whether a file is "new" or not? Is there a list of new files?

What is your definition of "available"? The file is present? The file is readable? The file is a readable, regular file? Something else???

What operating system are you using?

What shell are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on creating shell script

Can some one smart here help I need to create a shell script that does this below using vi editor. decrypts a file (specified as an argument to the script) containing text which was encrypted using the ROT-13 algorithm. The decrypted text should be written to a new file leaving the input file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: master_6ez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo in OS X shell script without password prompt??

I've written a shell script to alter a particular preference file on OS X (10.3.9), which works fine (tested by running the script from the terminal sat in front of the box). Problem is, I now have to run this script remotely across a number of machines via remote desktop, so where I've used the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brad_GNET
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require Help for Shell Script

Hi friends, i am trying to print warning for partition size which exceed limit of 90% & other are ok. i m using below command which print partition which exceed 90% # df -h | sort -k5 | head -1 | awk 'END{ print $1" :- Not Having more space on This Partition"}' i want to print... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script problem , sudo mount command

cat test.sh sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sda7 /media/Ddrive If i double click the test.sh file and select run in terminal then the terminal prompts for password. How can i avoid typing password? Or if i double click test.sh file and select run then nothing happens. What i'm trying "Double... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo su - user in a shell script

Normally i would google, but I did not know how to google the problem I am facing now also being a newbie in shell scripting. Okay, the requirement is user1 has sudo rule to su - user2(NO PASSWORD) and user2 has will be able to sudo certain commands so following works fine from command prompt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beEnthu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script on sudo

I want to execute a script(generateReport.sh) which resides on root home directory from shell script(localtrigger.sh) as root by using sudo. The thing is i cant edit /etc/sudoers (i can but m not allowed to do it , ethically) i cant change ownership of generateReport.sh script When i try... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saket
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in creating Sudo ssh script

Hi Experts, I am new to Shell scripting. I want to login to a server using a script. The normal command I use is --> sudo ssh <Servername> . when i tried putting this into a txt format file and tried running, it throw an error "can't execute". I am an Admin and i have root access. Any help would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tom1989
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating IN list in PLSQL script dynamically by using shell script

Hi all, I have a PLSQL script which has a IN list where it takes some ids as input. For example SELECT * FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE EMPLOYEE_ID IN (comma separated list ) I want to run this quest inside a shell script but I would like to prepare the IN list dynamically where the employee ids... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell sIs there something special I need to do when using sudo in a script?

I have a script in which I used "sudo -s" I notice some extremely strange behavior when executing this script. To investigate this I decided to recreate the problem in the following script. I notice that "sudo -s" is only being executed one time. Soon after completely falls apart. Is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busi386
4 Replies
PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)