Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to install snmp on #50-Ubuntu 64 GNU/Linux? Post 302981508 by RudiC on Wednesday 14th of September 2016 04:18:46 AM
Old 09-14-2016
Sorry, no clue. I usually try man (and the references therein) and apropos first.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

how to install g++ in ubuntu?

on giving the command sudo apt-get install build-essentials it asks for password then the following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essentials (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What is the easiest way to install Ubuntu?

I am planning to dual boot Windows XP and Ubuntu 9.04, I have already burned Ubuntu into a CD and have also downloaded the ISO. But when I go to My Computer to start the installation, a different icon appears. And when I open it with ISO Buster, it opens up separately. I'm confused on what to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

5. AIX

Cannot compile/install gnu program on AIX

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cannot compile/install gnu program

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install Tensorflow on Ubuntu

Hi, Please, how can fix this error: (myvenv)root@graphene-121:~# pip install --upgrade tensorflow Downloading/unpacking tensorflow Cannot fetch index base URL Simple index Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement tensorflow Cleaning up... No distributions at all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies
MAN.CONF(5)                                                     File Formats Manual                                                    MAN.CONF(5)

NAME
man.conf - configuration file for man DESCRIPTION
This is the configuration file for the man(1), apropos(1), and makewhatis(8) utilities. Its presence, and all directives, are optional. This file is an ASCII text file. Leading whitespace on lines, lines starting with '#', and blank lines are ignored. Words are separated by whitespace. The first word on each line is the name of a configuration directive. The following directives are supported: manpath path Override the default search path for man(1), apropos(1), and makewhatis(8). It can be used multiple times to specify multiple paths, with the order determining the manual page search order. Each path is a tree containing subdirectories whose names consist of the strings 'man' and/or 'cat' followed by the names of sections, usually single digits. The former are supposed to contain unformatted manual pages in mdoc(7) and/or man(7) format; file names should end with the name of the section preceded by a dot. The latter should contain preformatted manual pages; file names should end with '.0'. Creating a mandoc.db(5) database with makewhatis(8) in each directory configured with manpath is recommended and necessary for apropos(1) to work, but not strictly required for man(1). output option [value] Configure the default value of an output option. These directives are overridden by the -O command line options of the same names. For details, see the mandoc(1) manual. option value used by -T fragment none html includes string html indent integer ascii, utf8 man string html paper string ps, pdf style string html width integer ascii, utf8 _whatdb path/whatis.db This directive provides the same functionality as manpath, but using a historic and misleading syntax. It is kept for backward compatibility for now, but will eventually be removed. FILES
/etc/man.conf EXAMPLES
The following configuration file reproduces the defaults: installing it is equivalent to not having a man.conf file at all. manpath /usr/share/man manpath /usr/X11R6/man manpath /usr/local/man SEE ALSO
apropos(1), man(1), makewhatis(8) HISTORY
A relatively complicated man.conf file format first appeared in 4.3BSD-Reno. For OpenBSD 5.8, it was redesigned from scratch, aiming for simplicity. AUTHORS
Ingo Schwarze <schwarze@openbsd.org> Debian December 28, 2016 MAN.CONF(5)