Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to install snmp on #50-Ubuntu 64 GNU/Linux? Post 302981508 by RudiC on Wednesday 14th of September 2016 04:18:46 AM
Old 09-14-2016
Sorry, no clue. I usually try man (and the references therein) and apropos first.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

how to install g++ in ubuntu?

on giving the command sudo apt-get install build-essentials it asks for password then the following is displayed Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done E: Couldn't find package build-essentials (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkle
5 Replies

3. Ubuntu

XP and Linux (Ubuntu) on same disk, Can I install Ubuntu on not-yet partitioned portion of disk?

My PC (Esprimo, 3 yeas old) has one hard drive having 2 partitions C: (80 GB NTFS, XP) and D: (120 GB NTFS, empty) and and a 200 MB area that yet is not-partitioned. I would like to try Ubuntu and to install Ubuntu on the not-partitioned area . The idea is to have the possibility to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C.Weidemann
7 Replies

4. Ubuntu

What is the easiest way to install Ubuntu?

I am planning to dual boot Windows XP and Ubuntu 9.04, I have already burned Ubuntu into a CD and have also downloaded the ISO. But when I go to My Computer to start the installation, a different icon appears. And when I open it with ISO Buster, it opens up separately. I'm confused on what to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

5. AIX

Cannot compile/install gnu program on AIX

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
0 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cannot compile/install gnu program

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Install Tensorflow on Ubuntu

Hi, Please, how can fix this error: (myvenv)root@graphene-121:~# pip install --upgrade tensorflow Downloading/unpacking tensorflow Cannot fetch index base URL Simple index Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement tensorflow Cleaning up... No distributions at all... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
8 Replies
SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)						     Net-SNMP							SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)

NAME
snmp-bridge-mib - provide Linux bridge information via SNMP SYNOPSIS
snmp-bridge-mib {bridge} ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are required: bridge The name of the Linux bridge for which you want to provide information via SNMP, e.g. br0. DESCRIPTION
The snmp-bridge-mib is an extension to net-snmp. It collects information about a bridge in a Linux system and exports them for query from other (remote) systems for management purposes. CONFIGURATION
: The preferred method of snmp-bridge-mib to attach to net-snmp is agentx. For this to work, you will have to add the following line to /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, master agentx restart snmpd and start snmp-bridge-mib. snmp-bridge-mib will then connect to the running snmpd daemon. Another way of attaching snmp-bridge-mib to is to run it as an embedded perl module. You have to add perl do "path to location of snmp-bridge-mib" and restart snmpd. EXAMPLE
: Follow the instructions in this manpage and type perl /usr/bin/snmp-bridge-mib br0 You'll get the following output: registering at .1.3.6.1.2.1.17 running as a subagent. dot1qbridge agent started. NET-SNMP version 5.4.2.1 AgentX subagent connected Now it's time for a first test: $ export MIBS=+BRIDGE-MIB $ snmpwalk localhost .1.3.6.1.2.1.17 The output produced should look like BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpBridgeHelloTime = INTEGER: 199 centi-seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpBridgeForwardDelay = INTEGER: 1499 centi-seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPort.1 = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPort.3 = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPriority.1 = INTEGER: 32 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPriority.3 = INTEGER: 32 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortState.1 = INTEGER: disabled(1) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortState.3 = INTEGER: disabled(1) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortEnable.1 = INTEGER: disabled(2) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortEnable.3 = INTEGER: disabled(2) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost.1 = INTEGER: 2 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost.3 = INTEGER: 4 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedRoot.1 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedRoot.3 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedCost.1 = INTEGER: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedCost.3 = INTEGER: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedBridge.1 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedBridge.3 = STRING: "8000.001018382c78" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedPort.1 = STRING: "32769" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortDesignatedPort.3 = STRING: "32770" BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost32.1 = INTEGER: 2 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortPathCost32.3 = INTEGER: 4 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpLearnedEntryDiscards = Counter32: 0 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpAgingTime = INTEGER: 300 seconds BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbAddress.'...8,x' = STRING: 0:10:18:38:2c:78 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbAddress.'.!^/B|' = STRING: 0:21:5e:2f:42:7c BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbPort.'...8,x' = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbPort.'.!^/B|' = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbStatus.'...8,x' = INTEGER: learned(3) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpFdbStatus.'.!^/B|' = INTEGER: learned(3) BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPort.1 = INTEGER: 1 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPort.3 = INTEGER: 3 BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortMaxInfo.1 = INTEGER: 1500 bytes BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortMaxInfo.3 = INTEGER: 1500 bytes BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInFrames.1 = Counter32: 18082 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInFrames.3 = Counter32: 1546072 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortOutFrames.1 = Counter32: 11601 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortOutFrames.3 = Counter32: 10988 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInDiscards.1 = Counter32: 0 frames BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dTpPortInDiscards.3 = Counter32: 0 frames BUGS
1. snmp-bridge-mib currently only supports one bridge which has to be specified on the commandline. 2. Not all elements of RFC 4188 because they are either not available in sysfs or difficult to extract from the existing data. SEE ALSO
snmpd.conf(5), Net::SNMP(3) AUTHOR
Jens Osterkamp <jens@linux.vnet.ibm.com> Developer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009, 2010 IBM Corp., All Rights Reserved Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. http://www.ibm.com/ v6 26 Mar 2010 SNMP-BRIDGE-MIB(1)