Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need help in configuring Password Constraints for Solaris 11.3 Post 302981224 by jlliagre on Thursday 8th of September 2016 03:41:45 PM
Old 09-08-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebby123
Can anybody with experience on this help in figuring out the issue. Where else do I need to do configuration to have /etc/default/passwd related constraints effective.
Have a look to the /usr/lib/security/pam_authtok_common file. The force_check parameter might have been removed from the pam_authtok_check.so.1 module:
Code:
other password requisite  pam_authtok_check.so.1 force_check

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for configuring outgoing mail in Solaris 9

G'day, I've a solaris 9 box that I want to configure so that users can send out mails to internet. How can I do it? Can someone pls list me the steps or direct me to a detailed website. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Albert J.
1 Replies

2. Solaris

tftp configuring on Solaris 5.7

Hi, I need to setup a tftp facility on a Sun server. Can someone help me urgently, i need this to be up at the earliest. Regards, Vivek :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuring networking interfaces on Solaris 10

Hi, I am trying to configure an ip address, netmask, and default gateway on my solaris machine. For example, in Linux I would do the following command: #ifconfig eth0 xx.xx.xx.xx netmask 255.0.0.0 #add route or route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx In Solaris 10, I believe the commands are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet in SPARCstation 5 Solaris 8

Hey. i have been trying to configure the on board Ethernet in My Sparcstation 5, i have spent a lot of time on the ifconfig man pages. but it could really be nice with some pro. help. i don't think the interface is running . i don't know what name the interface have, le0 eth0 et0, it just says no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet SS5 Solaris 8

Hey. how do i configure the Lance Ethernet in my SS5 i must use DHCP to get Internet access. i have tried sys-unconfig and ifconfig le0 plumb and dhcp. but no cigar. how do i configure ? i have had some problems with the /etc/hosts dir. it says it dosent exist and when i try to create it it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Configuring samba in solaris x-86

I just wanted to know if I can configure samba on solaris 10 x-86. I was just wondering if the samba is in-built software gets shipped with Operating System CD. I have searched a lot on many sites and forums but still not getting any way to make it. It would be really appreciable if some can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Help with configuring printer on Sun Solaris

I have tried and tried again, to get an HP 4700dn laserjet printer to work on a GI Sun Solaris BOX. I have gone through and added the Printer server and IP to the Host file in the /etc folder and also added the printer ip and printer name itself. when I go to print something the printer shows up in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Configuring SMTP on Solaris to use Specific IP

Hi, I have a Solaris server, This server has 4 ethernet ports, I need the SMTP service out a Specific IP of these four, What I have to do to set it up? Regards Enrique (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enrique Suarez
1 Replies
mkpwdict(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      mkpwdict(1M)

NAME
mkpwdict - maintain password-strength checking database SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpwdict [-s dict1,... ,dictN] [-d destination-path] DESCRIPTION
The mkpwdict command adds words to the dictionary-lookup database used by pam_authtok_check(5) and passwd(1). Files containing words to be added to the database can be specified on the command-line using the -s flag. These source files should have a single word per line, much like /usr/share/lib/dict/words. If -s is omitted, mkpwdict will use the value of DICTIONLIST specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The database is created in the directory specified by the -d option. If this option is omitted, mkpwdict uses the value of DICTIONDBDIR specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The default location is /var/passwd. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Specifies a comma-separated list of files containing words to be added to the dictionary-lookup database. -d Specifies the target location of the dictionary-database. FILES
/etc/default/passwd See passwd(1). /var/passwd default destination directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jun 2004 mkpwdict(1M)