Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching content of a variable using awk Post 302981170 by RavinderSingh13 on Thursday 8th of September 2016 02:36:13 AM
Old 09-08-2016
Hello SkySmart,

I give second to Zaxxon like at least sample Input_file(with a raw/dummy data, which looks similar to actual one) could be pasted to post.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching and Removing File Content

Hi, I am trying to search a character in a file and remove it from that file.... My file looks something like this: test1.txt ckj12300_00|123|var1|10.2 ckj00200_12|444|var2|11.2 ckj00200_14|4556|var3|33.5 c00200_00_000|4558|var4|33.5 ckj00200_14|4553|var5|33.5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching for content of files

Hi, This question may be quite newbish. I've stored a few files on my Unix system and am wondering how to search for their contents (i.e. I input the keyword and get a list of files with this keyword) I'd then like to put it on my website (php). I thought of find and grep, but am not... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aretai
19 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content of Content of a variable!

I got a sample BASH script like this : $ cat test MYVAR=$1 DUMMY1="This is tricky" DUMMY2=24 echo $ $ ./test DUMMY1 ./test: line 5: This is tricky: syntax error in expression (error token is "is tricky") **I was expecting the output as "This is tricky", ah! but no luck **But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching content of files in the current and sub directories

Hi I was wondering why command 2 doesn't work like command 1 below. 1. find . -exec grep "test" '{}' \; -print 2. ls -R | grep "test" I am trying to search "test" from all the files in the current and sub directories. What's wrong with my command 2? Thanks in advance for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for a string variable

Hi ... I have a string variable STR = "This is a test message" I have a file abc.txt that I am searching for the occurence of the string STR ... I am using the command in a script cat abc.txt | grep $STR It identifies each space as a seperator and prints word by word. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattrix
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a variable by searching within a file

Hi, I am trying to set a variable to be used in later scripting, and am having some difficulty. I want to look in a file called scan.info and find the line that says "variable ok". Then I want to cut the number at the beginning of that line and assign that number as a variable so that later... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garth6@hotmail.
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching a variable in environment

all, i am trying to search a variable in unix account. variable TEST_LEVEL=500 , i am getting this value if i grep in env .if i try to see the file where it is defined , i do get 1 file . i commented thsi variable in that file and did relogin, but still i see TEST_LEVEL=500 in thye... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Moving of file content to another two files after searching with specific pattern

Hello, Please help me with this!! Thanks in advance!! I have a file named file.gc with the content: 1-- Mon Sep 10 08:53:09 CDT 2012 2revoke connect from FR2261; 3delete from mkt_allow where grantee = 'FR2261'; 4grant connect to FR2261 with '******'; 5alter user FR2261 comment... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching the content of one file using the search key of another file

I have two files: file 1: hello.com neo.com,japan.com,example.com news.net xyz.com, telecom.net, highlands.net, software.com example2.com earth.net, abc.gov.uk file 2: neo.com example.com abc.gov.uk file 2 are the search keys to search in file 1 if any of the search key is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csim_mohan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for variable string

Hi Guys, So im trying to search for the most recent occurance of a string in the most recently updated .log file in a certain directory. The string i am searching for is a value, now if this value is greater than 800 i would like an email sent out with some text (blah blah blah). This is what... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hello_world
7 Replies
AUCONVERT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      AUCONVERT(1)

NAME
auconvert - perform various conversion operations on sound files SYNOPSIS
auconvert [-file <format>] [-data <format>] [-rate <sample rate>] [-comment <comment>] [-raw <data format> <num tracks>] [-volume <per- cent>|`max'] [-?] [<input file>] [<output file>] DESCRIPTION
The auconvert program can be used to convert from one sound file format, and/or data format to another. It can also change the comment, sampling rate, and volume of a sound file. Finally, auconvert can be used to convert raw audio data into a sound file. If no input file name is given, standard input will be used. If no output file name is given, the original file will be replaced by the converted file or standard out will be used if the input is coming from standard input. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with auconvert: -file format The output file format. The -? option will display a list of valid file formats. -data format The output data format. The -? option will display a list of valid data formats. Note that each file format may only support selected data formats. -rate sample rate The output sampling rate (in hertz). -comment comment The comment to be stored in the output file. -volume <percent>|`max' The volume option can be used in two ways. If the argument is a percentage, the output file volume will be converted to the speci- fied percentage of the input volume. If the argument is the string `max', the output file volume will be converted to its maximum level. -raw <data format> <num tracks> This option is used to convert raw audio data into a sound file. <data format> is the data format of the raw data. <num tracks> specifies the number of tracks in the raw data. You must also use the -file and -rate options when converting raw data. -? Displays a usage message and a list of supported file and data formats. SEE ALSO
nas(1), auedit(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993, 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUCONVERT(1)