Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Database replication process stopped in server Post 302979651 by Peasant on Wednesday 17th of August 2016 10:46:40 AM
Old 08-17-2016
Setup the profile of the user using ulimit -s to a higher value.
Possibly one suggested in your database vendor documentation.

If ulimit fails to set to <value>, you will have to adjust the maxssize kernel parameter, then use ulimit.

Be sure to read the manual pages of ulimit and maxssize parameter (this is what i like about hpux, man <kernel parameter> is goldenSmilie )

Please for future note specify your shell (shell of the user the database processes runs under) and exact hpux version.
Folks here can be more exact in helping you with that information upfront.

I have not used the variable mentioned here so i cannot comment on that, give it a shot with standard tools mentioned above.

Hope that helps
Regards
Peasant.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top shows stopped process

When I run the top command, it shows 1 process as being Stopped. This is not a zombie, but simply a stopped process. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to tell which process this is, nor why it is in a stopped state? Any way of finding this out? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: IrishRogue
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find which process is stopped

One of my linux machines has a 'stopped' process which i need to find. How do i find the process that is iin 'stopped' mode. I am running red hat linux enterprise. Frank I have now answered this myself with the following command: ps -e j |grep Z (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

to understand stopped process in top

Hi, top process is shows like this in solaris server oracle 8i running: load averages: 5.01, 3.35, 2.82 18:24:45 344 processes: 332 sleeping, 5 running, 2 stopped, 5 on cpu CPU states: 22.2% idle, 29.6% user, 14.7% kernel, 33.5% iowait, 0.0% swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process stopped: WCHAN pipe_w

Hi. Before throwing my question, thanks to everybody for paying attention. Sorry if my english isn't good enough, but it's not my mother tongue. That's my question: I have a java program that throws an external program with "Process p = Runtime.getRuntime.exec(***)". The communication between... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlopezperez
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Killing A Stopped Process

UNIX Tutorial Five % kill %jobnumber Does that not work on a stopped process? I've tried to kill a stopped process and it is not working. Or do you need a certain type of shell for this to work? I don't see anything about this in my man pages. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
SYNC_CLIENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    SYNC_CLIENT(8)

NAME
sync_client - client side of the synchronization (replication) engine SYNOPSIS
sync_client [ -v ] [ -l ] [ -z ] [ -C config-file ] [ -S servername ] [ -f input-file ] [ -F shutdown_file ] [ -w wait_interval ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d delay ] [ -r ] [ -u ] [ -m ] [ -s ] objects... DESCRIPTION
Sync_client is the client side of the replication system. It runs on the client (master) system and connects to the target (replica) sys- tem and generates an appropriate sequence of transactions to synchronize the replica system with the master system. OPTIONS
-v Verbose mode. -l Verbose logging mode. -o Only attempt to connect to the backend server once rather than waiting up to 1000 seconds before giving up. -z Enable compress. If you set 'sync_compress' in the imapd.conf or pass -z to sync_client, the replication protocol will attempt to enable deflate compression on the connection. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -S servername Tells sync_client which server to communicate with. Overrides the sync_host configuration option. -f input-file In mailbox or user replication mode: provides list of users or mailboxes to replicate. In rolling replication mode, specifies an alternate log file (sync_client will exit after processing the log file). -F shutdown-file Rolling replication checks for this file at the end of each replication cycle and shuts down if it is present. Used to request nice clean shutdown at first convenient point. The file in question is removed on shutdown. Overrides sync_shutdown_file option in imapd.conf -w interval Wait this long before starting. Typically used so that we can attach a debugger to one end of the replication system or the other. -t timeout Timeout for single replication run in rolling replication. sync_client will negotiate a restart after this many seconds. Default: 600 seconds -d delay Minimum delay between replication runs in rolling replication mode. Larger values provide better efficiency as transactions can be merged. Smaller values mean that the replica system is more up to date and that you don't end up with large blocks of replication transactions as a single group. Default: 3 seconds. -r Rolling (repeat) replication mode. Pick up a list of actions recorded by the lmtpd(8), imapd(8), popd(8) and nntpd(8) daemons from the file specified in sync_log_file. Repeat until sync_shutdwon_file appears. -n Use the named channel for rolling replication mode. If multiple channels are specified in sync_log_channels then use one of them. This option is probably best combined with -S to connect to a different server with each channel. -u User mode. Remaining arguments are list of users who should be replicated. -m Mailbox mode. Remaining arguments are list of mailboxes which should be replicated. -s Sieve mode. Remaining arguments are list of users whose Sieve files should be replicated. Principally used for debugging purposes: not exposed to sync_client(8). FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
sync_server(8) AUTHORS
David Carter (dpc22@cam.ac.uk), Ken Murchison (ken@oceana.com) CMU
Project Cyrus SYNC_CLIENT(8)