Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xargs, awk, match, if greater - as a one-liner Post 302979184 by ts89490 on Wednesday 10th of August 2016 01:49:18 PM
Old 08-10-2016
You are right. The command works but how can i use it with xargs. I have multiple files to process and i want the separate output files for each.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

input a 100 200 300 b 400 10 output a 100 a 200 a 300 b 400 b 10 Thanx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner inverse range match-help required

cat test.txt a c d e g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
2 Replies
mdfind(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 mdfind(1)

NAME
mdfind -- finds files matching a given query SYNOPSIS
mdfind [-live] [-count] [-onlyin directory] [-name fileName] query DESCRIPTION
The mdfind command consults the central metadata store and returns a list of files that match the given metadata query. The query can be a string or a query expression. The following options are available: -0 Prints an ASCII NUL character after each result path. This is useful when used in conjunction with xargs -0. -live Causes the mdfind command to provide live-updates to the number of files matching the query. When an update causes the query results to change the number of matches is updated. The find can be cancelled by typing ctrl-C. -count Causes the mdfind command to output the total number of matches, instead of the path to the matching items. -onlyin dir Limit the scope of the search to the directory specified. -name fileName Searches for matching file names only. -literal Force the provided query string to be taken as a literal query string, without interpretation. -interpret Force the provided query string to be interpreted as if the user had typed the string into the Spotlight menu. For example, the string "search" would produce the following query string: (* = search* cdw || kMDItemTextContent = search* cdw) EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell. This returns all files with any metadata attribute value matching the string "image": mdfind image This returns all files that contain "MyFavoriteAuthor" in the kMDItemAuthor metadata attribute: mdfind "kMDItemAuthors == '*MyFavoriteAuthor*'" This returns all files with any metadata attribute value matching the string "skateboard". The find continues to run after gathering the initial results, providing a count of the number of files that match the query. mdfind -live skateboard To get a list of the available attributes for use in constructing queries, see mdimport(1), particularly the -X switch. SEE ALSO
mdimport(1), mdls(1), mdutil(1), xargs(1) Mac OS X June 10, 2004 Mac OS X