Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Not getting colorcode when excuting html in UNIX Post 302978788 by RudiC on Thursday 4th of August 2016 04:17:35 AM
Old 08-04-2016
awk is treating #DC143C as the start of a comment and does not execute the remainder of the line.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HTML-CGI on Unix

AAAHHH!! I've made a perl program that you can run on a web browser. This program needs to be run everyday, and I don't want to have to run it everyday. The problem is when I try running the program from my terminal, all it does is print stuff to the terminal page (the program involves a lot of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Excuting Multiple shell files in sequesnce

Hi, I have two shell scripts each executing a java process independently. These are two independent processes and I need to sequence them using another shell script. What I did was created another shell script and called these independent shell scripts in it. It runs fine, however from time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gupta_arunesh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excuting UNIX Functions under several username and host

Hi, I am facing a issue in one of my script, Please help me on the same. Below I have the example. Example: I have two functions(host(),user()) in a single file named test1.ksh File Name: test1.ksh host () { HOST=`hostname` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samvino
1 Replies

4. AIX

crontab isn't excuting some commands

Greetings everybody, I have an IBM P520 AIX 5.3 server machine and trying to use crontab to periodically excute a script that contains a command belongs to my software (Fast/Tools SCADA software) I added the following line after using crontab -e 01 * * * * /mypath/myscript I have two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman metwally
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

html parsing using unix

hi all, I had raised the same question a few weeks back but forgot to mention a lot of points ... so i am raising a new thread furnishing my requirement ... sorry for that .... here is my problem. i have a html that look like below <tr class="modifications-oddrow"> <td... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in excuting my First Shell Script

Hi i am a newbie to unix /Linux .Please help I have a following script which says that there is a syntax error :( My program is echo Enter two Numbers read a b if echo First is greater else echo Second is greater fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

excuting the following code

hi i am trying the below code for the following |_ | |_ | |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ | |_ |_ |_ |_ and for this code also * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * !/bin/bash #i = "*" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kullu
2 Replies

8. Programming

How to make C++ give me a chance to inter a number while excuting?

Iam Trying to simulate a hardware "pci" by visual c++ program..... " i don't have the hardware right now so i want to test my program" the hardware is about to inter a number for example from switches compare it to other number also from switches.."which iam gonna take it from 1 textbox"... 1-... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab jobs excuting

Hi i want to run the cronjob from 7 Am till 11.30Am for every 5 minutes from monday to friday. can anyone help? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheesh_charle
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error in excuting while loop

can you please support me to understand what is wrong in this code, I am getting error as sytnax error near unexpected token if if then code is cat text.txt | /path/mapper.sh data in file is hi hi how how are you while read line do for word in $line do if then wcount=`echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)