Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk runs and produces output but with error Post 302978701 by cmccabe on Tuesday 2nd of August 2016 05:25:21 PM
Old 08-02-2016
The below is what the data looks like. Thank you Smilie.

Code:
Chr    Start    End    Ref    Alt    Func.refGene    AAChange.refGene    PopFreqMax    CLINSIG    Classification
chr1    43395635    43395635    C    T    exonic        0.12    Benign    
chr1    43396414    43396414    G    A    exonic        0.14    Benign

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

vgscan produces no output using file descriptors on Oracle Enterprise Linux.

I wrote a simple program which will create a child process to execute a command and the output will be redirected to the file. Please have a look at the following code -> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> void execute(char **argv) { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command runs, no output

I have a script that searches for specific information from log files. #!/bin/sh sed -n '/*C/,/END/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > crit.out sed -n '/REPT INITIALIZATION/,/err:/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > switchcc.out ./start.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARs.out ./end.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARe.out cat crit.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grinds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Runs fine but not giving any output

Hi, My script is running with no erros but not giving any output can anyonehelp. #!/bin/ksh . /home/application/bin/application.env OUTFILE=Result.txt PROD_PASSWORD=`${GET_PWD} -f ${PWD_FILE_PATH} -s ${PROD_SERVER} -u ${PROD_USER}` echo "1)To get the book last loaded details " read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip produces different output from the same input

Hi there, I'm puzzled. Compressing the same file (same name, same md5sum) at two different times will produce a different output. I mean the md5sum of the resulting .gz files are different. Does it make any sens to any of you? I'd like some explanations if you know what's going on. Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux sort command produces strange output

cat a .a ba .b bb .c bc sort a .a .b ba bb bc .c NOTE: .a and .b appears before ba and bb, where as .c appears after bc. In general (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to compare two directories and produces the output

Hi, I am using solaris OS 10 and Bash shell.I need a script which will compare the two directories and produces the output. Step 1: In detail say suppoose I have machine one and have a directory dir1. Script should iterate through the directories and subdirectories inside and produce the output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which telnets to a device, runs commands and prints output to a file

I am connecting to a device using telnet, I want my script to perform certain commands : ie- show device , show inventory..etc and write the output it sees from the terminal to a file. this is what I have got : #!/usr/bin/expect -- set running 1 spawn telnet <ip address> expect ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samantha123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk runs but output is empty

The awk below runs, however the output file is 0 bytes. It is basically matching input files that are 21 - 259 records to a file of 11,137,660 records. Basically, what it does is use the input files of which there are 4 to search and match in a large 11,000,000 record file and output the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)