Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk runs and produces output but with error Post 302978696 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 2nd of August 2016 04:44:31 PM
Old 08-02-2016
What does the next line of your input file look like?
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

vgscan produces no output using file descriptors on Oracle Enterprise Linux.

I wrote a simple program which will create a child process to execute a command and the output will be redirected to the file. Please have a look at the following code -> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> void execute(char **argv) { ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

command runs, no output

I have a script that searches for specific information from log files. #!/bin/sh sed -n '/*C/,/END/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > crit.out sed -n '/REPT INITIALIZATION/,/err:/p' /sn/log/OMlog* > switchcc.out ./start.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARs.out ./end.awk /sn/log/OMlog* > ARe.out cat crit.out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grinds
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Runs fine but not giving any output

Hi, My script is running with no erros but not giving any output can anyonehelp. #!/bin/ksh . /home/application/bin/application.env OUTFILE=Result.txt PROD_PASSWORD=`${GET_PWD} -f ${PWD_FILE_PATH} -s ${PROD_SERVER} -u ${PROD_USER}` echo "1)To get the book last loaded details " read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gzip produces different output from the same input

Hi there, I'm puzzled. Compressing the same file (same name, same md5sum) at two different times will produce a different output. I mean the md5sum of the resulting .gz files are different. Does it make any sens to any of you? I'd like some explanations if you know what's going on. Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux sort command produces strange output

cat a .a ba .b bb .c bc sort a .a .b ba bb bc .c NOTE: .a and .b appears before ba and bb, where as .c appears after bc. In general (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a shell script to compare two directories and produces the output

Hi, I am using solaris OS 10 and Bash shell.I need a script which will compare the two directories and produces the output. Step 1: In detail say suppoose I have machine one and have a directory dir1. Script should iterate through the directories and subdirectories inside and produce the output... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which telnets to a device, runs commands and prints output to a file

I am connecting to a device using telnet, I want my script to perform certain commands : ie- show device , show inventory..etc and write the output it sees from the terminal to a file. this is what I have got : #!/usr/bin/expect -- set running 1 spawn telnet <ip address> expect ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samantha123
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk runs but output is empty

The awk below runs, however the output file is 0 bytes. It is basically matching input files that are 21 - 259 records to a file of 11,137,660 records. Basically, what it does is use the input files of which there are 4 to search and match in a large 11,000,000 record file and output the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
gets(n) 						       Tcl Built-In Commands							   gets(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
gets - Read a line from a channel SYNOPSIS
gets channelId ?varName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command reads the next line from channelId, returns everything in the line up to (but not including) the end-of-line character(s), and discards the end-of-line character(s). If varName is omitted the line is returned as the result of the command. If varName is specified then the line is placed in the variable by that name and the return value is a count of the number of characters returned. If end of file occurs while scanning for an end of line, the command returns whatever input is available up to the end of file. If chan- nelId is in nonblocking mode and there is not a full line of input available, the command returns an empty string and does not consume any input. If varName is specified and an empty string is returned in varName because of end-of-file or because of insufficient data in non- blocking mode, then the return count is -1. Note that if varName is not specified then the end-of-file and no-full-line-available cases can produce the same results as if there were an input line consisting only of the end-of-line character(s). The eof and fblocked commands can be used to distinguish these three cases. SEE ALSO
file(n), eof(n), fblocked(n) KEYWORDS
blocking, channel, end of file, end of line, line, nonblocking, read Tcl 7.5 gets(n)