Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert a hyphen between two delimiters using sed Post 302975895 by prohank on Tuesday 21st of June 2016 12:56:13 AM
Old 06-21-2016
@MadeinGermany using -e did the trick.

@Don it works

Thanks all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I insert commas/delimiters in File

Hi, Newbie here. Need to convert a txt file to .csv format. There's no character to replace so not sure if I can use sed :confused: . The comma is to be inserted after every certain number of characters in each line... Help! Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbelen
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to delete string between delimiters

Hi There! I have the following string which i need to convert to i.e. between each occurence of the delimiter ('|' in this case), i need to delete all characters from the '|' to the ':' so that |10,9:12/xxx| becomes |12/xxx| How can i do this using sed? Thanks in advance! (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert lines between delimiters

I'm working with a file like: somestuff somemorestuff ... someadditionalstuff STARTTAG ENDTAG someotherstuff somecoolstuff ... somefinalstuffI've got some text (either in a file or piped) to put between STARTTAG and ENDTAG. I was thinking something like grepping for the line number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMDan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to insert Delimiters at fixed locations in a file, Can you please Debug it for me??

Can someone please help?I have a file - fixed.txt----------------------------AABBBBCCCCCCDDDEEFFFFGGGGGGHHHIIJJJJKKKKKKLLL----------------------------To insert delimiters at fixed lengths of 2, 4, 6, 3, I created a file text1.txt as-------------------2463----------------------and trying to execute... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jd_mca
10 Replies

5. Programming

sed no match word end with hyphen

Hi, This is my first post.It has two parts first part: I want to match a line that starts with whitespace tab or similar followed by must start with specific word and not match same word start with hyphen like this: grep height file1: height: 150px; line-height: 1.5em; height:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: medium_linux
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete string between delimiters with sed

Hi, I need to delete all text between "|" delimiters. The line in text file typically looks like this: 1014182| 13728 -rw-r--r-- 1 imac1 staff 7026127 2 okt 2010 |/Users/imac1/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Music/Various Artists/We Are the World_ U.S.A. for Africa/01 We Are the World.mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrejm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert data between comma delimiters-large file

Having a huge file in the following format. 2,3,1,,,4 1,2,3,,,,,5, 8,7,3,4,,,, Output needed is: 2,3,1,0.0,0.0,4 1,2,3,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,5, 8,7,3,4,0.0,0.0,0.0, I have tried reading the file each line, using AWK to parse to find out ",," and then insert 0.0 . It works but very slow. Need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wincrazy
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Columns before the last Column based on the Count of Delimiters

Hi, I have a requirement where in I need to insert delimiters before the last column of the total delimiters is less than a specified number. Say if the delimiters is less than 139, I need to insert 2 columns ( with blanks) before the last field awk -F 'Ç' '{ if (NF-1 < 139)} END { "Insert 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkesi
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - replacing a substring containing a hyphen

I'm attempting to replace a substring that contains a hyphen and not having much success, can anyone point out where i'm going wrong or suggest an alternative. # echo /var/lib/libvirt/images/vm888b-clone.qcow | sed -e 's|vm888-clone|qaz|g' /var/lib/libvirt/images/vm888b-clone.qcow (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squrcles
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with using sed with word delimiters \< and \>

sed is not applying /d "delete line" option when I also include match word options \< and \> examples... echo cat | sed '/\<cat\>/d' will return cat for some reason echo cat | sed "/\<cat\>/d" will also still return cat. Of course I can just run this... echo cat | sed '/cat/d' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: escooter87
1 Replies
PAM_LASTLOG(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_LASTLOG(8)

NAME
pam_lastlog - PAM module to display date of last login SYNOPSIS
pam_lastlog.so [debug] [silent] [never] [nodate] [nohost] [noterm] [nowtmp] [noupdate] [showfailed] DESCRIPTION
pam_lastlog is a PAM module to display a line of information about the last login of the user. In addition, the module maintains the /var/log/lastlog file. Some applications may perform this function themselves. In such cases, this module is not necessary. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't inform the user about any previous login, just update the /var/log/lastlog file. never If the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old entries for the user, indicate that the user has never previously logged in with a welcome message. nodate Don't display the date of the last login. noterm Don't display the terminal name on which the last login was attempted. nohost Don't indicate from which host the last login was attempted. nowtmp Don't update the wtmp entry. noupdate Don't update any file. showfailed Display number of failed login attempts and the date of the last failed attempt from btmp. The date is not displayed when nodate is specified. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Everything was successful. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Internal service module error. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to display the last login time of an user: session required pam_lastlog.so nowtmp FILES
/var/log/lastlog Lastlog logging file SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_lastlog was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_LASTLOG(8)