Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Automount boot smbfs Solaris 11 Post 302975276 by fbellinazzo on Friday 10th of June 2016 04:55:52 AM
Old 06-10-2016
Automount boot smbfs Solaris 11

Hi,

I need to autoboot a smbfs on solaris 11. When I mount on command line I use this command:

Code:
mount -F smbfs -o user=weblogic,domain=next //192.168.32.52/Storage /Storage

I need the row to insert into /etc/vfstab

Thanks. Fabrizio

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-10-2016 at 06:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris boot problem boot error loading interpreter(misc/krtld)

When I installed the SOLARIS 10 OS first time, the desktop would not start up, this was because of network setup. Reinstalled worked. After a week due to some problem I had to reinstall OS, installation went fine and but when i reboot I get this error. cannot find mis/krtld boot error loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johncy_j
0 Replies

2. Solaris

RAID 5 mount points don't automount on boot

Hi, I set up a RAID 5 configuration and for some reason the volumes won't mount when the system boots. I have to manually mount them from the command line and all is fine. Here's the vfstab entries: #device device mount FS fsck mount mount #to mount ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
2 Replies

3. Solaris

cant boot from solaris CD

Hi all , I am trying to isntallsolaris 10 using a DVD , But when i try to boot from the OB Prompt i am getting this error : Rebooting with command: boot cdrom -install Boot device: /pci@1f,700000/pci@0/pci@1/pci@0/ide@1f/cdrom@0,0:f File and args: -install Can't read disk label. Can't open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount -t cifs permission denied by mount -t smbfs works fine

I am having trouble mounting with cifs, but mounting the exact same command with smbfs works fine. The share is on another samba server and is set to full public guest access. # mount -t cifs //servername/sharename /mnt/temp -o password="" mount error 13 = Permission denied Refer to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

7. Solaris

dual boot solaris/solaris zfs file system

Hi, I am running into a some problems creating a dual boot system of 2 solaris instances using ZFS file system and I was wondering if someone can help me out. First some back ground. I have been asked to change the file system of our server from UFS to ZFS. Currently we are using Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: estammis
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris stuck during boot after reconfigure boot

Hello, I have a problem with my machine that won't boot properly. The story is that I installed a software called apcupsd, which is a control application for my APC battery UPS. I have used version 3.14.10 earlier, but as part of restoring my previously crashed os harddrive I wanted to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with cifs/smbfs mount on Solaris

I have a Linux server with a cifsmount, the entry in /etc/fstab looks like this: //windows_server_name/xyz /opt/xyz cifs credentials=/etc/creds/xyz.creds,uid=abc,gid=abc,noserverino,directio,_netdev 0 0 The username and password are stored in /etc/creds/xyz.creds This works fine.:wall: How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joke Holmer
1 Replies
RUMP_SMBFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     RUMP_SMBFS(8)

NAME
rump_smbfs -- mount a smbfs share with a userspace server SYNOPSIS
file-system PUFFS pseudo-device putter rump_smbfs [options] share mountpoint DESCRIPTION
NOTE! This manual page describes features specific to the rump(3) file server. Please see mount_smbfs(8) for a full description of the available command line options. The rump_smbfs utility can be used to mount smbfs file systems. It uses rump(3) and p2k(3) to facilitate running the file system as a server in userspace. As opposed to mount_smbfs(8), rump_smbfs does not use file system code within the kernel and therefore does not require kernel support except puffs(4). Apart from a minor speed penalty there is no downside with respect to in-kernel code. Even though the rump_smbfs file system client runs within a virtual rump kernel in userspace, it uses host network services (by means of ``rump sockin''). This means that regardless of whether using rump_smbfs or mount_smbfs(8), the same network configurations will be used. Currently, ``sockin'' supports IPv4. To use rump_smbfs via mount(8), the flags -o rump and -t smbfs should be given. Similarly, rump_smbfs is used instead of mount_smbfs(8) if ``rump'' is added to the options field of fstab(5). SEE ALSO
p2k(3), puffs(3), rump(3), mount_smbfs(8) HISTORY
The rump_smbfs utility first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
November 21, 2010 BSD