Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Redirecting the results to different output files Post 302973407 by RudiC on Tuesday 17th of May 2016 12:55:18 PM
Old 05-17-2016
Please show us the various print/printf statements in your code snippet (e.g. by highlighting them in red).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to multiple log files?

If I wanted to redirect output to multiple log files, what would be the best way to do that? echo "Unix is awesome" >>unixgod.log >>unixgod.log (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting OUTPUT

Hi, I want to move the output of a command/script to a file as well as to to be displayed on stdout. Can anybody help me in this. Thanks in advace .. -Chanakya M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
1 Replies

3. Programming

execl() + redirecting output to text files

Im currently using execl() to run the ls command and redirect the output to a text file. Unfortunately, when I check the text file, no information has been written to it. I am calling execl() with the ls command like this execl( "/bin/ls" , "-al" , '>' , "dirlist.txt" ,(char *) 0 ); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting echo output to 2 flat files

Hello all, I have the following 2 questions.. 1) I would like to capture the output of an echo command to 2 different files at the same time. This does not seem to work. Any ideas? echo ==== started on `date` ==== >> res1.log res2.log 2) Would it be possible to just get the 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting to different output files with awk.

Well, it didn't take me long to get stumped again. I assure you that I'm not mentally deficient, just new to scripting. So, here's the gist. I want to redirect output from awk based off of which branch of an if-else statement under which it falls. #!/bin/bash #some variables... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikesimone
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting output to file

Hi, Below is the whole string which is to be redirected to the new file. su - oracle -c "exp $user/$pass file=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.dmp log=/oracle/oradata/backup/exp_trn_tables_`date +%d_%b_20%y_%H_%M_%S`.log tables=table1,table2 statistics=none" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting the output

For example, if we run the below command, symcfg list -thin -pool , results in an output most of the times and if the out is generated i'm able to redirect the output to a file. but sometimes it doesnt result any output and even though the output is being redirected, i can see "No Thin Pools "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
2 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Redirecting grep output to multiple files

Hi All, I am trying to redirect the grep output to multiple files, can you please help with that. Below is the command im using to match my pattern grep \<proxyType\>$PxyType $DIR/EndureFiles.json > File_Name*.json Note : $DIR and $PxyType is already defined in my script Im able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deena1984
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Print Error While Redirecting output in multiple Files

Hi, I have a following code in which I am unable to redirect to multiple files. Can anybody please help with some corrections awk -F, '{ if ( substr($1,26,2)=="02" && substr($1,184,14)=="MTSCC_VALFIRST") { array1++ array2++ array3++ } else if (substr($1,26,2)=="03" &&... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
4 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)