Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Convertible switcher for Ubuntu required Post 302972999 by Corona688 on Thursday 12th of May 2016 12:54:56 PM
Old 05-12-2016
What precisely do you mean by 'tablet mode'?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu / Ubuntu File Manager / Config

I am using Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome 2.28. I use the default Nautilus File Manager to view / manage files. Is there a way to add icons or customize the icons that are above the location bar and below the menus? There is a bar that has icons for "Back" "Forward" "Parent" above the location bar. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewk
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re-install Ubuntu 14.04 from system with Ubuntu on it

I need to re-install ubuntu on a system with ubuntu 14.04 already installed. I have the cd but can not seem to boot from it or find the installer. Is there a way to re-install from the command line or how do I do a fresh re-install? Thank you :) ---------- Post updated at 10:13 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
TB(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     TB(4)

NAME
tb - line discipline for digitizing devices SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NTB 1 # RS232 interface for Genisco/Hitachi tablets DESCRIPTION
This line discipline provides a polled interface to many common digitizing devices which are connected to a host through a serial line. When these devices stream data at high speed, the use of the line discipline is critical in minimizing the number of samples that would otherwise be lost due to buffer exhaustion in the tty(4) handler. The line discipline is enabled by a sequence: #include <sys/tablet.h> int ldisc = TBLDISC, fildes; ... ioctl(fildes, TIOCSETD, &ldisc); A typical application program then polls the digitizing device by reading a binary data structure which contains: the current X and Y posi- tions (in the device coordinate space), up-down status of the buttons or pen stylus, proximity information (when available), and a count of the number of samples received from the input device since it was opened. In addition, devices such as the GTCO append tilt and pressure information to the end of the aforementioned structure. For the Polhemus 3-D digitizer the structure read is completely different. Refer to the include file for a complete description. While in tablet mode, normal teletype input and output functions take place. Thus, if an 8 bit output data path is desired, it is neces- sary to prepare the output line by putting it into RAW mode using ioctl(2). This must be done before changing the discipline with TIOC- SETD, as most ioctl(2) calls are disabled while in tablet line-discipline mode. The line discipline supports ioctl(2) requests to get/set the operating mode, and to get/set the tablet type and operating mode by or-ing the two values together. The line discipline supports digitizing devices which are compatible with Hitachi, GTCO, or Polhemus protocol formats. For Hitachi there are several formats with that used in the newer model HDG-1111B the most common. SEE ALSO
tty(4) DIAGNOSTICS
None. 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 1, 1987 TB(4)