Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process Scheduling Information Extraction Post 302972314 by RudiC on Wednesday 4th of May 2016 03:20:16 AM
Old 05-04-2016
What exactly do you want beyond what top -n1 does provide you with?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding the scheduling of the process

Hello, I would like to schedule a command at a specific time on my system.I know that theres a file named at.alow and at.deny in my system. I can find the at.deny file but not an at.allow file . Is there anyway out or i have to go and talk to the system administrator itself , or any other way of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantuc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process Information

Hi, If we have a process p1 running and then p2 attempts to shutdown p1. Is there a means for p1 to know who has requested him to shutdown Thanks and regards, Reji (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rejise
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduling Policy Of Process

Hello How to know the scheduling policy of the process in HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath
1 Replies

4. Programming

scheduling a process

hi there i m having a confusion here with the looping in this example below. can someone help me out!? #include<stdio.h> main() { char it = 'a'; char stop = 'z'; int x,ret; for(; it<'f';it++) { // for(x=0; x<32000;x++) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process information

What sort of statistical information related to a running process can we retrieve using commands? For example, we can get the process id, memory usage and running time of a process using the commands ps and ipcs . Can we get any more information about a running process? Please list them. Also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fermisoft
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

job/process scheduling or control

Hi forum, I have a problem concerning job or process scheduling and control. I have to run 24 jobs (could be more sometimes less) of the same programme with different parameters. The machine this code is running on is an 8-core machine, so I was thinking that running all the processes at once... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Partial Column extraction/Process/Repasting changed Columns back to Source file

I have the following requirement. file1.txt (this could contain 5 million rows) ABC 1234 XYZ .... (3000 bytes) QRD 4612 GHT .... (3000 bytes) I need to create file2.txt 1234 4612 I have a EAI process to change file2.txt into file3.txt 4555 3743 Then I would have to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jostul
0 Replies

8. AIX

Adjust disk scheduling priority for a process?

Hi all! Some dumb administrator run the weekly backup "by hand" on our AIX 5.3 server, which we use to deploy Websphere applications, during work hours. Using the server while the backup is taking place is almost imposible. Both the disks are working at 100% and it's almost unusable. Asking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shandrio
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of Information

Title : Price : Author : No of books sold France : 40 : John : 30 Persia : 50 : John : 40 Hey guys i am trying to write a code which can help me to find the correct line and then edit the information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gregarion
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Scheduling where to start

Hello, i'm absolutely new to the whole Operating Systems thing. I am pretty much level 0. My assignment is to "simulate the execution of a stream of processes by a computer system, one CPU, many terminals 12 disk drives, 30 public mailboxes. The professor runs a series of inputs which is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaneSkylar
1 Replies
KILL(1) 							Linux User's Manual							   KILL(1)

NAME
kill - send a signal to a process SYNOPSIS
kill [ -signal | -s signal ] pid ... kill [ -L | -V, --version ] kill -l [ signal ] DESCRIPTION
The default signal for kill is TERM. Use -l or -L to list available signals. Particularly useful signals include HUP, INT, KILL, STOP, CONT, and 0. Alternate signals may be specified in three ways: -9 -SIGKILL -KILL. Negative PID values may be used to choose whole process groups; see the PGID column in ps command output. A PID of -1 is special; it indicates all processes except the kill process itself and init. SIGNALS
The signals listed below may be available for use with kill. When known constant, numbers and default behavior are shown. Name Num Action Description 0 0 n/a exit code indicates if a signal may be sent ALRM 14 exit HUP 1 exit INT 2 exit KILL 9 exit cannot be blocked PIPE 13 exit POLL exit PROF exit TERM 15 exit USR1 exit USR2 exit VTALRM exit STKFLT exit might not be implemented PWR ignore might exit on some systems WINCH ignore CHLD ignore URG ignore TSTP stop might interact with the shell TTIN stop might interact with the shell TTOU stop might interact with the shell STOP stop cannot be blocked CONT restart continue if stopped, otherwise ignore ABRT 6 core FPE 8 core ILL 4 core QUIT 3 core SEGV 11 core TRAP 5 core SYS core might not be implemented EMT core might not be implemented BUS core core dump might fail XCPU core core dump might fail XFSZ core core dump might fail NOTES
Your shell (command line interpreter) may have a built-in kill command. You may need to run the command described here as /bin/kill to solve the conflict. EXAMPLES
kill -9 -1 Kill all processes you can kill. kill -l 11 Translate number 11 into a signal name. kill -L List the available signal choices in a nice table. kill 123 543 2341 3453 Send the default signal, SIGTERM, to all those processes. SEE ALSO
pkill(1), skill(1), kill(2), renice(1), nice(1), signal(7), killall(1). STANDARDS
This command meets appropriate standards. The -L flag is Linux-specific. AUTHOR
Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net> wrote kill in 1999 to replace a bsdutils one that was not standards compliant. The util-linux one might also work correctly. Please send bug reports to <procps-feedback@lists.sf.net> Linux November 21, 1999 KILL(1)