Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 AI Server Backup existing servers? Post 302969033 by Marcusg562 on Thursday 17th of March 2016 08:01:42 AM
Old 03-17-2016
Solaris 11 AI Server Backup existing servers?

Hey Guys

i've got a question about the AI Server. Is there any possibility to backup existing servers to reinstall them automaticly by using the AI Server?

Regards
Marcus

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete a file from an existing Solaris tar

How can I delete a file from an existing Solaris tar file ? (not gtar) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avnerht
2 Replies

2. Solaris

(Help) IPv6 tunneling over existing IPv4 in Solaris

Hi folks, i hope you'll help me to configure my ipv6 tunnel. First, i create my tunnel in: Hurricane Electric Free IPv6 Tunnel Broker My IP is 83.228.93.34 in HE: ------------------------ Server IPv4 address: 216.66.84.46 Server IPv6 address: 2001:470:1f14:16a::1/64 Client IPv4 address: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Ldoms on T5220 with existing solaris 10 OS

Hi I;ve a T5220 box running solaris 10 update 6 with 6 zones on it and zfs SAN file systems is it possible to configure Control domain on this box without removing the exisinting OS and zones ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Backup Win server 08 onto Solaris

Greetings fellows, So, we have a Win8 server which is a profile server; its main purpose is to have a shared disc called Homes for roaming profiles. We want to create a backup, and copy files from this "Homes" drive onto SOlaris. We have read we could do it with rsync. Another engineer,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanz.rigo
1 Replies

5. Web Development

Need Help: How to migrate an existing Wordpress application from one server to another

Hi All, I have an application that is designed in Wordpress using MySQL as backend. The application is residing on a Centos Server. Now I want to migrate the application to another centos server. I have installed LAMP stack on the new server. I want to install wordpress on it. Then I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Backup of physical servers Linux

Dears, I'm developing a system backup of physical servers database and Linux operating system. ShellScripts have 3, one for backup (tar), one for monitoring and one for purge. Do these backup in a system of Dell DR4100 for NFS, backup scripts is fully dynamic and can put on any server that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miacci
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup sun Solaris Server

hello, I need to make a backup for my sever Sun Solaris 10, is there any propositions to realize this , or a control line assembly to have a copy of my server. waiting for your reply thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Configure dual stack on existing Solaris 10

I have a Solaris 10 server with the following interfaces: ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=209040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER,CoS> mtu 1500 index... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
8 Replies
DB2BAK(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 DB2BAK(8)

NAME
db2bak - Directory Server script for making a backup of the database SYNOPSIS
db2bak [archivedir] [-Z serverID] [-q] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Creates a backup of the database. This script can be executed while the server is running or stopped. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: archivedir The full path to the directory to store the backup. -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -q Quiet mode. Reduces output of task. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
db2bak -Z instance2 Makes a backup of the entire database for 'instance2', and stores it in the default server instance backup directory. db2bak /LDAP/backups/20130305 Creates a backup of the database and stores it in specified location. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
db2bak was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 DB2BAK(8)