Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Receiving: 4B436A3D 0313233216 T H fscsi0 LINK ERROR Post 302968862 by Devyn on Tuesday 15th of March 2016 09:30:43 AM
Old 03-15-2016
It's fiber card to fiber card and I'm zoning a single FILEIO device, which itself is sitting on a RAID 6 / XFS storage ( 6 disk ). I tried disabling dynamic tracking, no luck. It tried to change the cable, no luck. I'll read about the other options you mentioned as well. There's only one LUN involved and I'm able to write to it fine until some large data is being written but failure is 100% in each case.

The target system is SCST (Apologies I thought I mentioned but as I read above, I haven't yet.). Funny thing is that on restart of that SCST subsystem, I can get a LUN back following a failure. (Maybe memory leak.) I might try LIO / targetcli next if the above doesn't work.

Cheers,
DH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Link Edit Error, Help!!!!!

Hi, After I installed gcc on my machine and issued a command to compile a program, I did gcc -c 'prog'.c The object file was created, then I did gcc -o 'prog' 'prog'.o Then I got this error message I have been reading man pages and searching the internet but have not been able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rachael
1 Replies

2. Linux

link error problem

Dear linuxers, I'm a novice in C++ programming. I wrote a ReadFile class in file ReadFile.cpp. After that, I wrote a test.cpp, which contains a main function, to test whether my class work well. I follow the following steps to compile the ReadFile.cpp file. g++296 -c ReadFile.cpp -o... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niukun
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Receiving error on Unix server-- java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: registerNatives

Hi all, This is my first shell script, so I'm hoping the problem is that I'm just missing something, and not something bigger. I have a Java application that I wrote in WSAD that reads data from an Excel file and inserts values into a DB2 database. I'm able to run it successfully in WSAD. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: loveToBlade
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why am i receiving too many argument error with this?

#!/bin/bash while do codes done it says line 2: [: too many arguments why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

6. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

7. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

9. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (interface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# root@Prod-App1:/var/tmp# cat /var/adm//messages Apr 20 03:10:01 Prod-App1 syslogd: line 25: WARNING: loghost could not be resolved Apr 20 08:24:18 Prod-App1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/adm/messages (insterface turned off/restored) and link up & link down message.

Hi All I am facing an issue with our new solaris machine. in /var/adm/messages Apr 22 16:43:05 Prod-App1 in.routed: interface net0 to 172.16.101.1 turned off Apr 22 16:43:33 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link up, 1000 Mbps, full duplex Apr 22 16:43:34 Prod-App1 mac: NOTICE: nxge0 link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
2 Replies
lvmpvg(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 lvmpvg(4)

NAME
lvmpvg - LVM physical volume group information file SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is an ASCII file that stores the volume-group information for all of the physical volume groups in the system. The information is stored in a hierarchical format. First, it starts with a volume group under which multiple physical volume groups can exist. Under each physical volume group, a list of physical volumes can be specified. There must be at least one physical volume group in each volume group that appears in this file. The physical-volume-group name must be unique within the corresponding volume group, although it is permissible to use a common physical volume group name across different volume groups. There can be as many volume groups in this file as there are in the system. Instead of using the and commands, the administrator can edit this file to create and extend physical volume groups. However, care must be taken to ensure that all physical volumes to be included in the file have already been defined in their respective volume groups by previ- ous use of or The file format has the following structure. and are keywords that introduce the names of the volume group and physical volume group, respectively. pv_path ... pv_path ... pv_path ... The variables are defined as follows: pv_path The block device path name of a physical volume within the volume group. pvg_name The name of the physical volume group. It must be unique within the volume group. vg_name The path name of the volume group. EXAMPLES
The following example shows an file containing two volume groups: the first containing two physical volume groups, each with two physical volumes defined in it; the second containing three physical volume groups, each with one physical volume defined in it. SEE ALSO
vgcreate(1M), vgextend(1M), vgreduce(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). lvmpvg(4)