Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using awk command in Perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk command in Perl Post 302968117 by RudiC on Friday 4th of March 2016 02:09:12 AM
Old 03-04-2016
I guess but may be terribly wrong that system doesn't return the command's stdout but an exit code. On top, the awk you supplied is wrong in (at least) two ways: it needs its data supplied in files, e.g. stdin, not a variable, and the field count doesn't fit. 3206000 is field 6.
Why is it you can't extract that value in perl ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command with PERL

Hi All, My Input file looks like below: Input: 100,200,300 $fw=`head -1 test.csv | awk -F, '{print \$1}'`; $fw="'$fw" $fw="$fw'" print $fw Output:'100' I want the first field to be printed in single quotes ('') like above. I could get the ouptput but the problem is single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmkbuddy_1983
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

5. Programming

Executing a awk command inside perl script --

Hello experts I want to execute a awk command, which reads from txt files and sums the numbers from the first column for those listed only inside a <init> block -- The awk command is like awk '/<\/?init>/{x = !x}x{a++}x && a > 2{sum+=$1}END{printf"%E" "\n", sum} So, I want to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of AWK command under perl script

i have two files as shown below t1.txt: argument1 argu2 argu37 t2.txt: 22 33 44 i want o/p as argument1 22 argu2 33 argu37 44 i am trying to merge two file under perl script using following system("paste t1.txt t2.txt | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

8. Programming

Errors in Perl when using awk command

Hi Guys, Hope everyone is fine :) I have this code below: #!/usr/bin/perl $num_of_files=`ls | grep -v remover | wc -l`; $remover=`ls -lrt | grep -v total | grep -v remover | head -1 | awk '{print $8}' | rm \`xargs\``; if ($num_of_files>3) { system ($remover); } When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert awk command to Perl

Hi all; I have a Perl script that uses this awk command wrapped in a "system" call; it works exactly as I want it; however I want to keep this a Perl script and have very few if any "system" command...so the question; can someone help me code this in Perl please ... i have tried an now I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies
AMARCHIVER(8)						  System Administration Commands					     AMARCHIVER(8)

NAME
amarchiver - Create, extract or list amanda archive SYNOPSIS
amarchiver --version|--create|--extract|--list [--verbose] [--file file] [filename]... DESCRIPTION
Amarchiver manipulates amanda archive file. On creation, amarchiver doesn't recurse into directories. If a filename specifies a directory, it will be ignored. If it specifies a character device, amarchiver reads the device and archives the data. If a filename specifies a named pipe, amarchiver reads the named pipe and archives the data. Note that this tool is more limited than the Amanda archive library, and may not be appropriate for some archive files -- particularly those which use non-strings in their filenames. OPTIONS
--version print the amarchiver version --create Create an amanda archive. Only the supplied filenames are included. With one --verbose, lists the filenames. With two, lists the filenames and sizes. --list List the filenames in an amanda archive. No additional filenames are allowed on the command line. --extract Extract an amanda archive. If filenames are supplied, only those files are extracted. Files are created in the current directory, suffixed with a dot ('.') and the attribute ID. --verbose Give more information. --file file Create, list or extract from the given file instead of stdin/stdout. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda-archive-format(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMARCHIVER(8)