Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Question about hp RDX and Tandberg RDX Post 302966140 by Linusolaradm1 on Monday 8th of February 2016 06:50:40 PM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. SCO

Tandberg Tape SLR70 on SCO Openserver 6.0

Hello, I've a Dell computer Poweredge 1800 with a Perc DC4 Dual channel raid controller :D . The whole computer is SCSI based . I've installed the whole system (SCO 6.0, maintenance package 2.0, and our Openbasic software and all printers). Everything works, even my remote printers. But I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frederik1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

question

how do i write a script that'll open what i entered and scan it for a certain line of text. for example, i enter a filename (that exists) and in that file i want to scan a certain word that'll show how much of that word appears throughout the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhenry
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help me these Question??

1. How the Unix system identify the Other User to access for file permission? 2. What command we use to convert the extension of a file name? 3. What command use to convert other editing file to Unix based text file? Please answer of these Question???Its necessary for me?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradipta_pks
3 Replies

5. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A question

Hi, I'm new to unix and got struck here.Can any one help me out.My question is .. is the command if ; then echo "do some stuff" fi correct? Thanks in advance abhijeet (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhijeet_Atti
18 Replies

7. Solaris

Question about ls -l

Good afternoon, I hope that someone can make a suggestion or two as what my issues are and how to solve them, or suggest the correct group to post the questions to. I have successfully installed Oracle Solaris 11.1 (x86/64-bit) installation on Oracle VirtualBox. Now, I would like to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PWN
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with this question

Write a command to display lines ending with the letters "well" in the text file myfile1 Write a command to view all the files in the /root directory that have exactly four letters in their filenames and the last letter must be the letter d. Write a command to find all files in the /home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elh009
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls -l question

Hi, When doing ls -l, is it right to assume that all files with the date and time on it are files that are created/modified on the current year? Is there any way to display the creation/modified date of a file that are not created/modified in the current year? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexicographically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)