Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? This is super stuff, wiring photos... Post 302965089 by wisecracker on Saturday 23rd of January 2016 02:28:00 PM
Old 01-23-2016
As an addendum to this thread...

You guys might be interested in this...

1971-1972, my final year at Leicester UNI via Marconi Radar...

I have always had a _fetish_ for Oscillscopes, RF Spec-Ans', etc - even today and for my final year at the above UNI this was my choice building a 1 inch Scope running from a 12V DC supply. Nearly everything was raided from old TV sets and the tube DH3-91 was bought from an electronics junk shop. The EHT transformer was home wound and supplied around 700V DC for the tube... It is electrically finished but I was unable to finish a front panel for it for the marking.

It was in my loft for 20 odd years and the dual-concentrics were seized and other minor corrosion elsewhere...

Notice the wiring even then!
Also notice those hideous circular power resistors used replacements in the heater lines of valve TV sets of the 60s and earlier.

Note the black electrolytic, added because the original dried out and the PCB was hand ecthed...

A facebook 5 second video of it working after the TLC to revive it:-

https://www.facebook.com/barry.walke...type=3&theater
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I convert photos extension?

Hi all I am working in UNIX O.S and I want to transfer any photos from UNIX O.S to Windows O.S . can any one tell me how can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Photos Script

Good Morning, I need to move a social networking site to another server and I need to delete a bunch of photos. The old site used to allow, our members, to upload up to 100 photos. Now I want to limit it to 10. How can I delete the remaining photos? Here is what it looks like: 2474-14637.jpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpw5013
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Scripting: Sync Photos Program

So right now I am trying to sync an iPhoto Library file from multiple computers. The goal being that it takes the most recently updated file (depending on which computer it was). Currently I am using Google Drive to essentially sync the newest library, however, I was curious to see if this was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abudis
1 Replies
gthumb(1)																 gthumb(1)

NAME
gThumb - an image viewer and browser for GNOME SYNOPSIS
gthumb [--help] [--version] [-f] [--fullscreen] [-s] [--slideshow] [--import-photos] [directory] [filename] ... DESCRIPTION
With gThumb you can browse your hard disk viewing thumbnails of image files. It also lets you view single files (including GIF anima- tions), add comments to images, organize images in catalogs, print images, view slideshows, set your desktop background, and more. OPTIONS
-f, --fullscreen Start in fullscreen mode. -s, --slideshow Automatically start a slideshow. --import-photos Automatically import digital camera photos. --help Output help information and exit. --version Output version information and exit. Usual other GNOME options apply as well. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: gthumb To view the content of a directory type: gthumb /path/to/directory To view all images with jpg extension type: gthumb *.jpg AUTHORS
Written by Paolo Bacchilega <paolo.bacch@tin.it>. This manual page was originally written by Remco van de Meent <remco@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system, now is maintained by Paolo Bacchilega. GNOME Applications May 2002 gthumb(1)