Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? This is super stuff, wiring photos... Post 302965088 by wisecracker on Saturday 23rd of January 2016 02:25:59 PM
Old 01-23-2016
As an addendum to this thread...

You guys might be interested in this...

1971-1972, my final year at Leicester UNI via Marconi Radar...

I have always had a _fetish_ for Oscillscopes, RF Spec-Ans', etc - even today and for my final year at the above UNI this was my choice building a 1 inch Scope running from a 12V DC supply. Nearly everything was raided from old TV sets and the tube DH3-91 was bought from an electronics junk shop. The EHT transformer was home wound and supplied around 700V DC for the tube... It is electrically finished but I was unable to finish a front panel for it for the marking.

It was in my loft for 20 odd years and the dual-concentrics were seized and other minor corrosion elsewhere...

Notice the wiring even then!
Also notice those hideous circular power resistors used replacements in the heater lines of valve TV sets of the 60s and earlier.

A facebook 5 second video of it working after the TLC to revive it:-

https://www.facebook.com/barry.walke...type=3&theater
This is super stuff, wiring photos...-scope1jpg
This is super stuff, wiring photos...-scope2jpg
This is super stuff, wiring photos...-scope3jpg
This is super stuff, wiring photos...-scope4jpg

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

BAD SUPER BLOCK - Run fsck with alternate super block number

Error received when I tried to restore a blank disk with an 'auto recovery' DDS tape via HP-UX recovery system 2.0 onto a 1Gb SCSI. I assumed it would do the setup, wrong. Could someone tell me the procedure to initial disk for recovering files using cpio. The system is a HP-UX 9.04 version on a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin wanabee
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I convert photos extension?

Hi all I am working in UNIX O.S and I want to transfer any photos from UNIX O.S to Windows O.S . can any one tell me how can I do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Photos Script

Good Morning, I need to move a social networking site to another server and I need to delete a bunch of photos. The old site used to allow, our members, to upload up to 100 photos. Now I want to limit it to 10. How can I delete the remaining photos? Here is what it looks like: 2474-14637.jpg... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpw5013
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Scripting: Sync Photos Program

So right now I am trying to sync an iPhoto Library file from multiple computers. The goal being that it takes the most recently updated file (depending on which computer it was). Currently I am using Google Drive to essentially sync the newest library, however, I was curious to see if this was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abudis
1 Replies
WWW::Facebook::API::FBML(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     WWW::Facebook::API::FBML(3pm)

NAME
WWW::Facebook::API::FBML - Facebook Markup Language SYNOPSIS
use WWW::Facebook::API; DESCRIPTION
Methods for updating FBML references with WWW::Facebook::API SUBROUTINES
/METHODS base Returns the WWW::Facebook::API base object. new Constructor. delete_custom_tags( names => [@tag_names] ) The fbml.deleteCustomTags method of the Facebook API. get_custom_tags( app_id => $id ) The fbml.getCustomTags method of the Facebook API. register_custom_tags( tags => [@json_tags] ) The fbml.registerCustomTags method of the Facebook API. set_ref_handle( handle => 'handleName', fbml => 'fbml' ) The fbml.setRefHandle method of the Facebook API. See this page on the wiki: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Changing_profile_content refresh_img_src( url => $url ) Request an image in Facebook's cache (at the given URL) be refreshed. See this page on the wiki: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Changing_profile_content refresh_ref_url( url => $url ) Have Facebook call the given URL to generate the FBML. See this page on the wiki: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Changing_profile_content upload_native_strings ( %params ) The fbml.uploadNativeStrings method of the Facebook API. "native_strings" is the only parameter required. $client->fbml->upload_native_strings( native_strings => 'JSON' ); The format for "native_strings" is described on the developers wiki: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Fbml.uploadNativeStrings DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WWW::Facebook::API::FBML requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
See WWW::Facebook::API INCOMPATIBILITIES
None reported. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-www-facebook-api@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org>. AUTHOR
TSIBLEY "<tsibley@cpan.org>" LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, TSIBLEY "<tsibley@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. Certain part copyright (c) 2010, David Romano "<unobe@cpan.org>". All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
BECAUSE THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE SOFTWARE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE SOFTWARE AS PERMITTED BY THE ABOVE LICENSE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-13 WWW::Facebook::API::FBML(3pm)