Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How can I get information about a library? Post 302964300 by rrgmitchell on Wednesday 13th of January 2016 09:36:30 AM
Old 01-13-2016
How can I get information about a library?

I'm a developer supporting a system that runs on HP-UX B.11.11 and I come across makefiles that link in various libraries such as libCsup_v2, librwtool_v2.

I'd like to know what these libraries are, what they are for, which APIs they support etc. Is there a way of finding out other than asking around? Or a handy website that provides an index of library names you can look up?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you extract the information from a library?

hi all, i am quite new with Perl (just 1 week of experience) and i am suppose to understand the usage of library, which i can't, anyway... i came across this library...i think from the linux redhat redhat.linux.lib.pl, there are a couple of functions there that can be used to retrieve information... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

3. Linux

Could static library include static library?

I have some static library(libxxx.a libyyy.a). And I want to generate my library(libzzz.a), libzzz.a will use libxxx.a and libyyy.a I wan't my application only use libzzz.a, (means libzzz.a had include libxxx.a, libyyy.a), how can I do that? Thank you. example: I have zzz.c. I do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freemagic
4 Replies

4. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

5. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

6. Programming

C++ linking library to a library

Hi All, My application main engine will use a shared library where we do many operation. We are trying to implement the linear algebra operation on the shared library for that I need to link my shared library to the lapack library in /usr/lib. Below is my make file. Can you please let me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
dssi_list_plugins(1)					      General Commands Manual					      dssi_list_plugins(1)

NAME
dssi_list_plugins - list available DSSI plugins SYNOPSIS
dssi_list_plugins [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
dssi_list_plugins scans a list of directories specified by the environment variable DSSI_PATH, looking for DSSI (or LADSPA) shared libraries. It reports each library found, and lists the plugins contained within the library. It ignores subdirectories and libtool *.la files; otherwise it will complain if any of the files found are not DSSI or LADSPA shared libraries. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Causes dssi_list_plugins to be more verbose in its reporting. It will note conditions which are typically ignored by most DSSI hosts, yet may indicate problems, including malformed or unreadable components of DSSI_PATH, directories which contain no plugin libraries, libraries which appear more than once in the DSSI_PATH, and libraries which contain no plugins. ENVIRONMENT
DSSI_PATH A colon-separated list of directories to scan for DSSI plugins. CONFORMING TO
DSSI RFC version 1.0. SEE ALSO
dssi_analyse_plugin(1), http://dssi.sourceforge.net/ June 23rd, 2010 dssi_list_plugins(1)