Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional identification of suffixes moving from right to left: revisited Post 302963702 by RudiC on Tuesday 5th of January 2016 05:03:27 AM
Old 01-05-2016
NR is the record counter, so this condition is true on the first line of the input stream.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Search and Replace - Revisited

I have a ascii file with lines like this: 240|^M\ ^M\^M\ Old Port Marketing order recd $62,664.- to ship 6/22/99^M\ when this record gets loaded into my database, the \ is stored literally and so the user sees carriage return \ (hex 0D 5C) when what i need is carriage return line feed (hex 0D... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brandt
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore, revisited

I just installed solaris 9 on a sunblade 150(sparc), and have it partitioned. I've been using ufsrestore to restore bring the config from my old system, to the sunblade. I'm not having any luck. The root directory restore seems to work. When I try to restore /usr, I get an "/usr/sbin/fsck not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
4 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx on ksh revisited

I have read through all documents in FAQ and have run into an issue with sending an email with body message text and an email attachment. I have included what I have thus far and I can get the message body to send in the email to work only. I cannot understand the uuencode even after I read the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekline
5 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

BAM to SOA - Da? Buzzhype Revisited

Many readers have read the hype, experienced the Orwellian marketspeak, watched the positioning debates, and seen poorly managed software companies play the game of analyst-chasing (similar to ambulance chasing when you think about it). Finally, the up-to-date definitions, and hopefully a bit of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

6. Solaris

ls display linux style, revisited!!!

hi all, ive downloaded ,built and installed coreutils from sunfreeware.com,in my quest to get the color display when ls is used(linux style)... After the pkg is installed,how do i use ls to get the color? I know its installed because i get a host of cmds that have been updated,l like this, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying suffixes in a file and printing them out

Hello, I am interested in finding and identifying suffixes for Indian names through an awk script or a perl program. Suffixes normally are found at the end of a word as is shown in the sample given below. What I need is a perl script which will identify suffixes of a defined lenght to be given in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
gets(3S)																  gets(3S)

NAME
gets(), fgets() - get a string from a stream SYNOPSIS
Obsolescent Interface DESCRIPTION
Reads characters from the standard input stream, into the array pointed to by s, until a new-line character is read or an end-of-file condition is encountered. The new-line character is discarded and the string is terminated with a null character. Reads characters from the stream into the array pointed to by s, until n-1 characters are read, a new-line character is read and transferred to s, or an end-of-file condition is encountered. The string is then terminated with a null character. Obsolescent Interface gets a string from a stream. APPLICATION USAGE
After or is applied to a stream, the stream becomes byte-oriented (see orientation(5)). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, and return s. If the stream is at end-of-file, the end-of-file indicator for the stream is set and a null pointer is returned. When the file corresponding to an open stream gets extended after the end-of-file is reached, any subsequent calls to these functions will succeed and the end-of-file indicator will remain set. However, in the UNIX2003 standards environment (see standards(5)), these functions will return a null pointer and the end-of-file indicator will still remain set. If a read error occurs, the error indicator for the stream is set, is set to indicate the error, and a null pointer is returned. and can be used to distinguish between an error condition and an end-of-file condition. ERRORS
and fail if data needs to be read into the stream's buffer, and: The flag is set for the file descriptor underlying stream and the process would be delayed in the read operation. The file descriptor underlying stream is not a valid file descriptor open for reading. The read operation was terminated due to the receipt of a signal, and either no data was transferred or the implementation does not report partial transfer for this file. The process is a member of a background process and is attempting to read from its controlling terminal, and either the process is ignoring or blocking the signal or the process group of the process is orphaned. Additional values can be set by the underlying function (see read(2)). WARNINGS
is an obsolescent interface supported only for compatibility with existing DCE applications. New multithreaded applications should use SEE ALSO
ferror(3S), flockfile(3S), fopen(3S), fread(3S), getc(3S), puts(3S), scanf(3S), orientation(5), standards(5), thread_safety(5), glos- sary(9). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
gets(3S)