Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Servers state STANDBY in HMC v7 Post 302963634 by agent.kgb on Monday 4th of January 2016 01:07:25 PM
Old 01-04-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatte1
Is this the Server state (i.e. the physical chassis) or the LPAR state? I would expect the LPARs to be in Ready state rather than Standby so I'm guessing it is the Server state. You may need to power it on. This can be done by either the physical button on the front of the server, or through the HMC. I don't have an HMC v7 so I can't be sure what the options are, but it will probably be similar to activating an LPAR, except you highlight the whole server.
If the server is already in Standby state, it means, that the server started, but no LPARs are activated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hdparm standby

Hi! I have a harddrive that I use in school. I allso wanna use it at home... It's built into a 5.25" rack, and is non-hotswap. My rack has a power key wich I can use to unpower the device. My question is, does the drive take damage if I just umount and run hdparm -y <dev> on it? 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp 5.3 primary and standby?

Hi All, How do I determine if a hacmp 5.3 server is a primary or a standby? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not connecting to primary from standby site

Hi All, I am using below shell script using SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view.If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind by - 2, then alert mail should be sent... How could I achieve it with improving the below script. #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. AIX

Monitor goes into standby

On a IBM AIX 4.3.3 OS monitor goes into standby after a certain period of time. Where should i look to disable monitor power management ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_L_E_X
7 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig primary & standby purpose

I have two ethernet interfaces nge0 and nge1. An IP assigned on nge0 is 10.10.10.1/24 and on nge1 is 20.20.20.1/24. I want to make nge0 as primary interface. My question here is, 1. Being nge0 as primary interface, if I ping to an IP 20.20.20.5, what will happen? 2. If the answer for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

7. AIX

Connect HMC to remote servers

I'm trying to connect a few servers in different remote locations to my HMC. I added static IPs to the Service Processor through ASM, and did all the necessary network configurations, then connected those servers to our switch. Now my questions are: - in our site, do I need to connect these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
4 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies
qterm(8B)								PBS								 qterm(8B)

NAME
qterm - terminate processing by a PBS batch server SYNOPSIS
qterm [-t type] [server...] DESCRIPTION
The qterm command terminates a PBS batch server. When a server receives a terminate command, the server will go into a terminating state. While in this state, the server will not allow new jobs to be started or enqueued. By default, qterm will request a "quick" shutdown of the PBS server. Other ways of shutting down the server (specified with the -t argument), and their impact on running jobs, are described below. The qterm command will not exit until the server has completed its shutdown procedure. In order to execute qterm, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPTIONS
-t type Specifies the type of shut down. The types are: immediate All running jobs are to immediately stop execution. If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If checkpoint is not supported or the job cannot be checkpointed, running jobs are requeued if the rerunable attribute is true. Otherwise, jobs are killed. Normally the server will not shutdown until there are no jobs in the running state. If the server is unable to contact the MOM of running job, the job is still listed as running. The server may be forced down by a second qterm -t immediate command. delay If checkpoint is supported, running jobs that were submitted with "-c shutdown" are checkpointed, terminated, and requeued. If a job cannot be checkpointed, but can be rerun, the job is terminated and requeued. Otherwise, running jobs are allowed to continue to run. Note, the operator or administrator may use the qrerun and qdel commands to remove run- ning jobs. quick This option is used when you wish that running jobs be left running when the server shuts down. The server will cleanly shutdown and can be restarted when desired. Upon restart of the server, jobs that continue to run are shown as running; jobs that terminated during the server's absence will be placed into the exiting state. OPERANDS
The server operand specifies which servers are to shutdown. If no servers are given, then the default server will be terminated. STANDARD ERROR
The qterm command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qterm command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qterm command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qmgr(1B), pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B), pbs_resources_sp2(7B), pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), and pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local qterm(8B)