Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Servers state STANDBY in HMC v7 Post 302963627 by rbatte1 on Monday 4th of January 2016 12:12:27 PM
Old 01-04-2016
Is this the Server state (i.e. the physical chassis) or the LPAR state? I would expect the LPARs to be in Ready state rather than Standby so I'm guessing it is the Server state. You may need to power it on. This can be done by either the physical button on the front of the server, or through the HMC. I don't have an HMC v7 so I can't be sure what the options are, but it will probably be similar to activating an LPAR, except you highlight the whole server.

I hope that this helps,
Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

hdparm standby

Hi! I have a harddrive that I use in school. I allso wanna use it at home... It's built into a 5.25" rack, and is non-hotswap. My rack has a power key wich I can use to unpower the device. My question is, does the drive take damage if I just umount and run hdparm -y <dev> on it? 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp 5.3 primary and standby?

Hi All, How do I determine if a hacmp 5.3 server is a primary or a standby? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not connecting to primary from standby site

Hi All, I am using below shell script using SQL*Plus to query the MAX(SEQUENCE#) from both databases V$LOG_HISTORY view.If the STANDBY appears to be falling behind by - 2, then alert mail should be sent... How could I achieve it with improving the below script. #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
0 Replies

4. AIX

Monitor goes into standby

On a IBM AIX 4.3.3 OS monitor goes into standby after a certain period of time. Where should i look to disable monitor power management ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: A_L_E_X
7 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig primary & standby purpose

I have two ethernet interfaces nge0 and nge1. An IP assigned on nge0 is 10.10.10.1/24 and on nge1 is 20.20.20.1/24. I want to make nge0 as primary interface. My question here is, 1. Being nge0 as primary interface, if I ping to an IP 20.20.20.5, what will happen? 2. If the answer for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

IPMP active-standby configuration

Hi All, Need your help to explaining why when i configure 2 interface IPMP active-standby appear, INACTIVE and DEPRECATED parameter, detail screen shoot as below : root@machine01 # ifconfig -a e1000g0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 7 inet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wong_Cilacap
6 Replies

7. AIX

Connect HMC to remote servers

I'm trying to connect a few servers in different remote locations to my HMC. I added static IPs to the Service Processor through ASM, and did all the necessary network configurations, then connected those servers to our switch. Now my questions are: - in our site, do I need to connect these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
4 Replies

8. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies
ttk::button(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						    ttk::button(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::button - Widget that issues a command when pressed SYNOPSIS
ttk::button pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::button widget displays a textual label and/or image, and evaluates a command when pressed. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -compound -cursor -image -state -style -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -width See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-command command] A script to evaluate when the widget is invoked. [-default default] May be set to one of normal, active, or disabled. In a dialog box, one button may be designated the "default" button (meaning, roughly, "the one that gets invoked when the user presses <Enter>"). active indicates that this is currently the default button; normal means that it may become the default button, and disabled means that it is not defaultable. The default is normal. Depending on the theme, the default button may be displayed with an extra highlight ring, or with a different border color. [-width width] If greater than zero, specifies how much space, in character widths, to allocate for the text label. If less than zero, specifies a minimum width. If zero or unspecified, the natural width of the text label is used. Note that some themes may specify a non- zero -width in the style. WIDGET COMMAND
In addition to the standard cget, configure, identify, instate, and state commands, checkbuttons support the following additional widget commands: pathName invoke Invokes the command associated with the button. COMPATIBILITY OPTIONS
[-state state] May be set to normal or disabled to control the disabled state bit. This is a "write-only" option: setting it changes the widget state, but the state widget command does not affect the state option. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), button(n) KEYWORDS
widget, button, default, command Tk 8.5 ttk::button(n)