Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Current shell session hungs when run another binary Post 302963332 by bdpl on Monday 28th of December 2015 04:01:04 PM
Old 12-28-2015
Current shell session hungs when run another binary

Hi,
I am on AIX 7.1 and when I try to login to my account and sudo to other generic account (mqm user) my ssh session just hungs.

==================
Code:
$ id
uid=16150(sxp) gid=179(rax) groups=1179(raxs)
$
$
$ sudo su - mqm
Password:

--------
Changed username to: mqm
--------
Code:
. /opt/IBM/mq8/usr/mqm/bin/setmqenv -p /opt/IBM/mq8

-- this works when executed manually.
==================

I need to include the above command (. /opt/IBM/mq8/usr/mqm/bin/setmqenv -p /opt/IBM/mq8) in .kshrc to avoid retyping every time when I log into mqm user.

When I include this command in .kshrc, my login session just hungs when I sudo to mqm user. I need to do a 'Ctrl + c' to come out.

Can you please advise how to avoid the hung session?.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 03-07-2016 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a new shell with copy of current shell declarations?

How to run another shell and have all current shell dectaration copied to that new shell? I would like to have available all current declarations in a new shell. That are functions, aliases, variables. I need to test some functions that use the 'exit', but running it in current shell on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run who am i from remote session

I just moved from AIX 4 to AIX 5.3. the command `who am i` is essential to our logon scripts; but it does not work anymore, it says the process is not attached to a terminal. Is it possible to run this command remotely? It works for remote root sessions. If it is not is there another way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands from script in current bash session

I have a file as follows: cat /etc/mxg/ssh-hostsmx.example1.com.au:2225 mx2.example2.com.au:2225 mx.example3.com.au:2225 mail.example4.com.au:2225 mail.example5.org.au:2225 mail.example6.com.au:2225I want to dynamically create aliases for quick access to these servers from bash. I wrote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Export script to current session

Hi, I have a script called bash$> cat -ev setprofile.sh alias rm='rm -i'$ $ The alias does not take effect unless i run the script as bash$> . ./setprofile.sh What do I have to do in-order to simply run (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running a bash script even after logging out from the current session

HI , I have a simple script that moves files from one folder to another folder, I have already done the open-ssh server settings and the script is working fine and is able to transfer the files from one folder to another but right now I myself execute this script by using my creditianls to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report the current time in Binary format

Hey fellas, I am trying to report the current time in a binary format which is overwriting every second. So far I wrote following script which I know looks stupid since I'm a newbie! ;) #!/bin/bash while true; do clear; date | awk '{print $4}' | awk -F ":" '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts within a telnet session?

I want to connect to a remote host using telnet there is no username/password verification just telnet remotehost then I need to input some commands for initialization and then I need to repeat the following commands: cmd argument argument is read from a local file, in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Current Session History

Dear All, I want to display the command related to current session in Redhat Linux 5. Below history command display all the command in ~/.bash_history file. $history My requirement is the command executed in my current session.I mean to say. Suppose after log in as root i executed ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monojcool
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run only 3 sqlplus session at a time

Below code runs n number of session at a time when called. I want to restrict it to run only for 3 sqlplus at a time. Is there a way to do the same. for name in `cat abc.txt` do (sqlplus -s usert/password@host <<-EOF>> error.txt SET LINESIZE 1000 select '$name',... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)