Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check server-name and come out Post 302963066 by RudiC on Wednesday 23rd of December 2015 07:20:27 AM
Old 12-23-2015
Try
Code:
while read IP; do { echo $IP ": " $(sudo ssh -n $IP hostname); } & done < file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running processes on remote server.

Hi, I am trying to write a script, which queries a db to get the names of processes, stores it in a file and then checks if that process is running on a remote server. However I am not getting it right, could anyone help me out. #!/bin/sh echo "select Address from Device where Cust =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check if a process is running in a server from shell script.

I want to write a unix shell script that will check if a process (say debu) is running in the server or not. If no , then send a mail to the corresponding person to start the process??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file update on ftp server

Hi everybody, Is there a way to do a stat of files on a ftp server? I have a database which is populated by the contents of these files. I want to setup a crontab to check if there has been an update to these files. If the file has been updated I will download it and then update my database. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check file and start the informatica server

Hi Rockers, I hope u r dng good one. I have a one question is in unix with informatica . I need a unix script to check whether particular file exists in the folder , If it means we have a informatica server , so we can start the informatica server by accessing that file. Every week we have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukrishnan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wsadmin script using jython to check application server status in websphere

Hello All, I need a wsadmin script using jython to monitor server status in websphere. kindly help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic server check script - help

Hello Fellow bash enthusiasts... I am stuck on this local script and could use some fresh eyes on this code. #!/bin/bash MAIL_ME="jj@uberdork.com" MAIL_SUBJECT="Norveld_Server_needs_attention" SERVER_DATE=$(TZ=PST8PDT date) echo $(ServerTZ=PST8PDT date) - Web Server Check = $(curl -Is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BatchScript/Unix shell Script to check folder in Windows server

Hi, It will be great help if any of them can provide or tell which scripting is possible to write for checking folder exists or not in Windows server from Unix/Windows machine. If folder doesn't exist then need to create the folder through script and copy the files. It is on very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashchakra7
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

*ix script to check port of client server and return output

Hello EveryOne, I am new to *ix. some could help to write a script. Problem :- Have to ssh to so many client and check port or filesystem usage, so thinking to automate using script. What i Need:- when i run script on my Launchpad server, it should Should ask and SSH to user provided... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeFirst
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to check the tcp network connectivity between server

Hello, I have a requirement to check the tcp network connectivity between server it's running on and the list of host's and ports combination. i have written the below code but it doesn't work, but when i execute the nc command outside the script it works fine. please help me where i am... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sknovice
8 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-c COMMAND] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c COMMAND Run the COMMAND rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux