Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create" Post 302961829 by feroccimx on Friday 4th of December 2015 09:38:22 AM
Old 12-04-2015
Solaris 10 error "-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create"

Hello,

Each time a user log on to host, they receive below error:

Code:
-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create

Example:

Code:
$ ssh host
user@host's password:
Last login: Fri Dec  4 08:17:28 2015 from client.ref

|-----------------------------------------------------------------|

-sh: /tmp/outfile: cannot create
$

Verified & file exists:

Code:
# ls -ltrh /tmp/outfile
-rw-r--r--   1 orasrp   dba         1.4M Dec  4 08:22 /tmp/outfile
#
# file /tmp/outfile
/tmp/outfile:   ascii text
#
# fuser /tmp/outfile
/tmp/outfile:
#
# head /tmp/outfile
14-11-15 , 01:15 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:16 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:16 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:17 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:17 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:18 ,  ,
14-11-15 , 01:18 ,  ,
#

Server details are:

Code:
M4000

# uname -a
SunOS host 5.10 Generic_142909-17 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise
#
# cat /etc/release
                      Solaris 10 10/09 s10s_u8wos_08a SPARC
           Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                           Assembled 16 September 2009
#

Please your assistance to get rid of error.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

getting "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" error msg

Hi, i am working in C in Fedora Eclipse 3.3.0 with gdb debugger. I am geting segmentation fault with an error message "mi_cmd_var_create: unable to create variable object" on debugging the program. What should I do to solve this problem? rgds, Dona_m (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dona_m
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for delete tmp files older than 15 days and owned by "xxx" id

Hi All , I want to delete files from /tmp directory created by "xxxx" id. because i got the list says more than 60 thousand files were created by "xxxx" id since 2002. The /tmp directory has lot of files created by different user ids like root,system etc.. But, i need a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to create any file name start with "-" hyphen in Solaris

Hi All, I am not able to create any file name start with "-" hyphen. Any logical issue with these types of files creation in Solaris. ============================== bash-3.00$ touch -file.txt touch: illegal option -- i usage: touch file... touch ] file... touch ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanu_oracle
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Programming

"cout = outFile" is not compiled

Hello, Compilation of the line "cout = outFile" throws error "Error: std::ios_base::operator=(const std::ios_base&) is not accessible from std::ios ::operator=(const std::ios &)." outFile is declared as "static ofstream". Thanks, Shafi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

8. Solaris

ZFS flash install "Unable to create Filesystem error"

Hi, I am trying to get an HPz420 workstation instaled (zfs root pool) via a jump-start server. I have a zfs image (from this workstation) the Solaris release is 10 1/13 update 11. I use a sparc U25 install server, upgraded to the same solaris build 10 1/13. This server is configured to install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc0rpie
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MKINITRAMFS(8)							mkinitramfs manual						    MKINITRAMFS(8)

NAME
mkinitramfs - low-level tool for generating an initramfs image SYNOPSIS
mkinitramfs [-c compress] [-d confdir] [-k] -o outfile [-r root] [-v] [version] mkinitramfs [--supported-host-version= hversion] mkinitramfs [--supported-target-version= tversion] DESCRIPTION
The mkinitramfs script generates an initramfs image. The initramfs is a compressed cpio archive. The archive can be used on a different box of the same arch with the corresponding Linux kernel. mkinitramfs is meant for advanced usage. On your local box update-initramfs calls mkinitramfs with the relevant parameters. update-initramfs keeps sha1sum of generated initramfs. It takes care to generate backups and eventually runs the bootloader. At boot time, the kernel unpacks that archive into RAM disk, mounts and uses it as initial root file system. All finding of the root device happens in this early userspace. OPTIONS
-c compress Override the COMPRESS setting in initramfs.conf. -d confdir Set an alternate configuration directory. -k Keep the temporary directory used to make the image. -o outfile Write the image to outfile. -r root Override the ROOT setting in initramfs.conf. -v Set the verbose mode output. version Set the kernel version of the initramfs image (defaults to the running kernel). --supported-host-version=hversion This option queries if mkinitramfs can create ramdisks on a running kernel of version hversion. --supported-target-version=tversion This option queries if mkinitramfs can create ramdisks for kernel version tversion. ENVIRONMENT
mkinitramfs honours the TMPDIR environment variable. If set, it uses subdirectories in the given directory to create its temporary working directories. Else it uses /tmp as default value for that purpose. The given directory should be on a filesystem which allows the execution of files stored there, i.e. should not be mounted with the noexec mount option. FILES
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf The default configuration file for the script. See initramfs.conf(5) for a description of the available configuration parameter. /etc/initramfs-tools/modules Specified modules will be put in the generated image and loaded when the system boots. The format - one per line - is identical to that of /etc/modules, which is described in modules(5). /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d The conf.d directory allows one to hardcode bootargs at initramfs build time via config snippets. This allows one to set ROOT or RESUME. This is especially useful for bootloaders, which do not pass an root bootarg. /etc/initramfs-tools/DSDT.aml If this file exists, it will be appended to the initramfs in a way that causes it to be loaded by ACPI. EXAMPLES
Create an initramfs for current running kernel: mkinitramfs -o ~/tmp/initramfs-$(uname -r) Create an initramfs for specific kernel and keep builddirs: mkinitramfs -k -o ~/tmp/initramfs-2.6.21-686 2.6.21-686 Debug initramfs creation (check out written logfile) sh -x mkinitramfs -o ~/tmp/initramfs-$(uname -r) 2> ~/tmp/log AUTHOR
The initramfs-tools are written by Maximilian Attems <maks@debian.org>, Jeff Bailey <jbailey@raspberryginger.com> and numerous others. SEE ALSO
initramfs.conf(5), initramfs-tools(8), update-initramfs(8). Linux 2010/04/07 MKINITRAMFS(8)