Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script in bash that works only some of the time Post 302960952 by twinion on Sunday 22nd of November 2015 01:10:14 PM
Old 11-22-2015
Yes you are right a function would be a better approach!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Works from bash prompt, but not from script!

I'm trying to use unison from bash on windows with cygwin. I don't know if this is a cygwin question, bash question or unison question. Since I always get reprimanded by the cygwin mailing list for assuming it is a cygwin problem, I'll assume it is a bash question. The following commands work... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works with bash 3.0 but not 3.2.

Hello, So my knowledge of bash scripting is not that great and I have been trying to solve this problem on my own for awhile to no avail. Here's the error I get when running it with an OS that uses bash 3.2.x: testagain.sh: line 10: *-1: syntax error: operand expected (error token is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forkandspoon
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to count the time of transaction

Halo, Bash Script can get the time of process the trasaction or not? For example, bash script use to procee the trasaction, like select and checking.. then generate the XML. after it, i need to get the time which to count the process. Anyone can help me? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryanW
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare time in bash script?

Hi, Anyone know how to compare the time in bash script? I want to compare say 30 min. to 45 min. ( AIX ) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumit30
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp script hangs for first time,but works every second time

Hi I have an ftp script which works fine when i execute through a test scheduler(UC4), but when i run it through the prod scheduler(UC4), it hungs indefinetely, when we cancel the job and re-run it it works perfectly fine. here is the code,, any idea why this is happening ???? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvankj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script dont works when executed as cronjob

Hello, i have cronjob: crontab -l * * * * * pkill -f domexpcheck;sh /root/dom/domexpcheck.sh it runs: /var/log/cron Mar 25 12:11:01 vps crond: (root) CMD (pkill -f domexpcheck;sh /root/dom/domexpcheck.sh) but somehow script dont run properly via cronjob. But when i execute cronjob... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script Looping all the time

Hello, I have a database file, named data.txt, and a shell script (convert.sh) to convert data.txt from columns to row. Output file name will be column_to_row.txt In this example data.txt has only four rows. Format of data.txt is: info name surname telefon_nr Data.txt info boris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling bash script works when called manually but not via Cron?

Hi, I've got a Bash backup script I'm trying to run on a directory via a cron job nightly. If I ssh in and run the script manually it works flawlessly. If I set up the cron to run evertything is totally messed up I don't even know where to begin. Basically the path structure is ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command works interactively but not in bash script

The below command works in the terminal interactively but not as part of a bash script. I though maybe I needed to escape the "$dir" so it isn't interpreted literally, but that's not it. Thank you :). interactively in terminal dir=/path/to new=$(ls "$dir"/*.csv -tr | tail -n 1) && echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)

NAME
Alien::Package::Rpm - an object that represents a rpm package DESCRIPTION
This is an object class that represents a rpm package. It is derived from Alien::Package. FIELDS
prefixes Relocatable rpm packages have a prefixes field. METHODS
checkfile Detect rpm files by their extention. install Install a rpm. If RPMINSTALLOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. scan Implement the scan method to read a rpm file. unpack Implement the unpack method to unpack a rpm file. This is a little nasty because it has to handle relocatable rpms and has to do a bit of permissions fixing as well. prep Prepare for package building by generating the spec file. cleantree Delete the spec file. build Build a rpm. If RPMBUILDOPT is set in the environement, the options in it are passed to rpm on its command line. An optional parameter, if passed, can be used to specify the program to use to build the rpm. It defaults to rpmbuild. version Set/get version. When retreiving the version, remove any dashes in it. postinst postrm preinst prerm Set/get script fields. When retrieving a value, we have to do some truely sick mangling. Since debian/slackware scripts can be anything -- perl programs or binary files -- and rpm is limited to only shell scripts, we need to encode the files and add a scrap of shell script to make it unextract and run on the fly. When setting a value, we do some mangling too. Rpm maintainer scripts are typically shell scripts, but often lack the leading shebang line. This can confuse dpkg, so add the shebang if it looks like there is no shebang magic already in place. Additionally, it's not uncommon for rpm maintainer scripts to contain bashisms, which can be triggered when they are ran on systems where /bin/sh is not bash. To work around this, the shebang line of the scripts is changed to use bash. Also, if the rpm is relocatable, the script could refer to RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is set by rpm at run time. Deal with this by adding code to the script to set RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX. arch Set/get arch field. When the arch field is set, some sanitizing is done first to convert it to the debian format used internally. When it's retreived it's converted back to rpm form from the internal form. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> perl v5.14.2 2011-08-05 Alien::Package::Rpm(3pm)