Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 as a Red Hat IPA Client Post 302960936 by bentech4u on Sunday 22nd of November 2015 09:32:00 AM
Old 11-22-2015
HI

can you please provide more seteps like how you joined client. also provide us krb5.conf

i have configured solaris 10 sparc with IPA 3 and 4.

you need to configure ma_homedir pam module to get home directory creations. der is lot of manual works need to be done. not like like linux ipa-client script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

red hat ee 2.6.9-42

hello. I would be greatfull if someone could tell me how will i see what dns server and gateway my red hat server uses. I tryied to find out by typing ifconfig command but i got : -bash: ifconfig: command not found , although man ifonconfig gives output with info about using that command. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Oracle client for Red Hat linux on IBM PPC64

Hi , Am trying to install oracle 10g client on Red Hat Linux in an IBM PPC machine. when i try to install during linking am getting the below error My software details : Oracle Version : 10.2.0 Red Hat Version : 5.5 Server Hardware : PPC 64 Error from the logs : /usr/bin/make -f... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugunthanvh
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

x-win client connect red hat

Hi, I use red hat linux ES 5.5 32 bit . There is x win(startx) installed. I wan to use XP at another computer and connect the x-win(startx) through IP network . Which software/freeware I can use ??? Please advice .. Is it free ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Solaris 11.1 on Red Hat system?

I'm wanting to install Solaris 11.1 on a system that already has Windows and Red Hat and a boot system managed by GRUB. From what I've read, the Solaris 11.1 install will recognize Windows fine and account for it with GRUB 2. But it doesn't mention any other OS. It talks about installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris for a Red Hat admin

Hello Solaris gurus Recently I was assigned to work on the company's Oracle Solaris 10 servers. Actually this is the first time I lay eyes on a Solaris machine... like ever! I've spent my career dealing with Red Hat run servers (I am an RHCE). I've also worked for a while on IBM AIX. The question... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Instructions for Solaris 10 RedHat RHEL7 IPA for LDAP authentication?

Hi, does anyone have instructions on how to connect a Solaris 10 (Sparc) machine to Redhat RHEL7 IPA server for LDAP authentication, I have gone through the usual search results on Google, but nothing is working so far, but to be fair, not sure which source is the best and have NOT rewound... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies
ipa-replica-prepare(1)						 IPA Manual Pages					    ipa-replica-prepare(1)

NAME
ipa-replica-prepare - Create an IPA replica file SYNOPSIS
ipa-replica-prepare [OPTION]... hostname DESCRIPTION
Generates a replica file that may be used with ipa-replica-install to create a replica of an IPA server. A replica can only be created on an IPA server installed with ipa-server-install (the first server). You must provide the fully-qualified hostname of the machine you want to install the replica on and a host-specific replica_file will be created. It is host-specific because SSL server certificates are generated as part of the process and they are specific to a particular hostname. If IPA manages the DNS for your domain, you should either use the --ip-address option or add the forward and reverse records manually using IPA plugins. Once the file has been created it will be named replica-hostname. This file can then be moved across the network to the target machine and a new IPA replica setup by running ipa-replica-install replica-hostname. A replica should only be installed on the same or higher version of IPA on the remote system. OPTIONS
--dirsrv_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Directory Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --http_pkcs12=FILE PKCS#12 file containing the Apache Server SSL Certificate and Private Key --dirsrv_pin=DIRSRV_PIN The password of the Directory Server PKCS#12 file --http_pin=HTTP_PIN The password of the Apache Server PKCS#12 file -p DM_PASSWORD, --password=DM_PASSWORD Directory Manager (existing master) password --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS IP address of the replica server. If you provide this option, the A and PTR records will be added to the DNS. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create reverse DNS zone --ca=CA_FILE Location of CA PKCS#12 file, default /root/cacert.p12 --debug Prints info log messages to the output EXIT STATUS
0 if the command was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
Mar 14 2008 ipa-replica-prepare(1)