Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to copy contents
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to copy contents Post 302960862 by rocking77 on Friday 20th of November 2015 10:11:04 AM
Old 11-20-2015
Unable to copy contents

I am trying to move content of a folder using
Code:
ls /backup/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/|while read file ; do
mv $file /backup_LOCAL/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/
done

...but when I run this command using a bash script I'm getting this error
Code:
 ./test.sh
mv: cannot stat `1.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119062453.001.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `2.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119062528.001.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `3.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119062540.001.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `4.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119061646.001.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `5.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119062518.001.gz': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `6.0.db2inst2.DBPART000.20151119062504.001.gz': No such file or directory

Code:
ls -l /backup_LOCAL/
drwxrwxr-x   4 db2inst2 db2iadm1       4096 Nov 12 04:52 backup_LOCAL

Is this some thing permission issue ? but I can move files to /backup_LOCAL mv command manually but not using bash .

Last edited by rbatte1; 11-23-2015 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Changed ICODE tags to CODE tags and corrected spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to view contents of a directory

Hi, first post here be gentle. Very new to Unix. Using HP-UX 10.20 I CD into a remote directory on one machine $ cd /net/remote hostname yet when I do an ll in this directory none of the contents appear. It just is empty. when I do the same command from another machine, $ cd... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddave
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Copy Contents from CD to Hard disk

Hello all.. Iam New to Unix Environment. I need to copy .cpio file from CD to a Folder on Sun 5.8 Box. Can anyone give me the commands to execute this ?.. Thanks in advance Ron (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy folder contents

I need to make a new dir in side the dir lab5 the new dir is called testLab5 without changing directories copy all files from your lab5 directory into your testLab5 directory then i have to without chaning directories and using exactly one command remove all files that start with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsk8_99
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy selected contents from file

I want to capture contents of a file between 2 strings into another file for eg all lines in between the keywords "start log" and "end log" should be copied into another file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of one column in another

Hi, I want to pick contents of a column in a file and copy the contents of this to other column. awk can be used for this, but the number of fields are higher so awk will not help. Any other way to do this. e.g following file has some contents a follows a,b,c,d,e,f,9,0 i need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raman1605
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy the contents between two keywords to a new file.

Hi All, I want to edit my gate level netlists by searching for the content between two patterns eg: ff1 \test/a0 ( .CLK(\test/ClkInt0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/Rakicc ), .QB(\test/X ), .VDD(1'b1), .VSS(1'b0)); ff1 \test/a1 ( .CLK(\test/medis0_acb_00x1 ),.D(\test/hedwc ), .QB(\test/X ),... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to copy contents of a file

Hi, I am stuck up with a problem of copying the contents of a directory where one of the folder name is changed daily. Problem: I have the folder structure as: RefWorlds2/LINGCC4_X64/odsdev/odessy/UTI/621GA_build_xxx/.../.. In the above path the build number (xxx) will be changed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SathaKarni
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of whatever's loaded into the CD drive

Hello everyone, I have about 1500 compact discs of seismic data that I need to retrieve and place onto the hard drive so that I can index and process them. The data was generated at 20 seismic stations and each disc has a been assigned unique name. The name is NOT necessarily what is on the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ws6transam
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to list folder contents

I'm unable to list the contents of a directory once I move into it. I have full permissions on this directory (called "Scripts" in the below example). The scenario is shown below in detail: Command 'ls' works fine to begin with: 1: pmn@linuxhost /home/pmn > cd /opt/smt/proiv 2:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmn
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy contents of one file to another

I need to write a script (in bash) that copies the content of the first file in each folder of a directory to the second file in the same folder. I tried this and it didn't work - it just came back with errors and I'm not sure how to fix it. Help is very much appreciated! for mpdir in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies
stat.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							     stat.h(3HEAD)

NAME
stat.h, stat - data returned by stat system call SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> DESCRIPTION
The system calls stat, lstat and fstat return data in a stat structure, which is defined in <stat.h>. The constants used in the st_mode field are also defined in this file: #define S_IFMT /* type of file */ #define S_IAMB /* access mode bits */ #define S_IFIFO /* fifo */ #define S_IFCHR /* character special */ #define S_IFDIR /* directory */ #define S_IFNAM /* XENIX special named file */ #define S_INSEM /* XENIX semaphore subtype of IFNAM */ #define S_INSHD /* XENIX shared data subtype of IFNAM */ #define S_IFBLK /* block special */ #define S_IFREG /* regular */ #define S_IFLNK /* symbolic link */ #define S_IFSOCK /* socket */ #define S_IFDOOR /* door */ #define S_ISUID /* set user id on execution */ #define S_ISGID /* set group id on execution */ #define S_ISVTX /* save swapped text even after use */ #define S_IREAD /* read permission, owner */ #define S_IWRITE /* write permission, owner */ #define S_IEXEC /* execute/search permission, owner */ #define S_ENFMT /* record locking enforcement flag */ #define S_IRWXU /* read, write, execute: owner */ #define S_IRUSR /* read permission: owner */ #define S_IWUSR /* write permission: owner */ #define S_IXUSR /* execute permission: owner */ #define S_IRWXG /* read, write, execute: group */ #define S_IRGRP /* read permission: group */ #define S_IWGRP /* write permission: group */ #define S_IXGRP /* execute permission: group */ #define S_IRWXO /* read, write, execute: other */ #define S_IROTH /* read permission: other */ #define S_IWOTH /* write permission: other */ #define S_IXOTH /* execute permission: other */ The following macros are for POSIX conformance (see standards(5)): #define S_ISBLK(mode) block special file #define S_ISCHR(mode) character special file #define S_ISDIR(mode) directory file #define S_ISFIFO(mode) pipe or fifo file #define S_ISREG(mode) regular file #define S_ISSOCK(mode) socket file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
stat(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Aug 2002 stat.h(3HEAD)