Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sshd - error
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Sshd - error Post 302960784 by xitrum on Thursday 19th of November 2015 02:57:59 PM
Old 11-19-2015
Sshd - error

Hi,
Do you know what cause the error message ?

Code:
Nov 19 13:42:19 cfsasnd02 sshd[38504]: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in /etc/environment', ignoring

Nov 19 13:42:20 cfsasnd02 sshd[38512]: pam_env(sshd:setcred): non-alphanumeric key '-- /etc/environment' in /etc/environment', ignoring

thanks,

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-19-2015 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd

i just downloaded and installed succesfully openssh server, and am running it on netbsd 1.5, i can not login with anyuser, i enabled root login just to see what happens and i can login as root, but no other user, i checked my config and most things are default, whats going on? has any one else had... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting sshd error messages SCO 5.0.6 openserver

Hi guys i'm trying to start sshd by doing this "/usr/local/sbin/sshd &" i'm getting this messages # This platform does not support both privilege separation and compression Compression disabled I loaded this 3 files 1-zlib- 1.1.40-vols... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

3. AIX

sshd restart

need some clarification: if i ssh to the server & i restart the sshd process, did my connection gone? one more thing, there are a few sshd processes in aix, how do i restart it all to read new config? using HUP? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

4. AIX

It helps in the sshd on sshd.log

Friends, I made the installation of the ssh in the it conspires, I configured in the ssh_config the following parameters.. SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO that should generate sshd.log in the /var/log.... more no this generating. Somebody could help myself in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandba
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sshd question

Can someone tell me the difference between the (2) listed below: oracle pts/1 ip1 May1 7:11 9:11 oracle sshd ip1 May1 7:11 8:22 How do I read the above information, the fact that the row for pts/1 has a longer time duration than the row for sshd. Why is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: banyan
2 Replies

6. AIX

SSHD does not start

I installed OpenSSH on AIX 5.1 but when I try to start it, it says: bash-2.05a# /usr/sbin/sshd bash-2.05a# bash-2.05a# tail /var/adm/syslog.out Jan 8 11:52:22 xyz sshd: fatal: Cannot bind any address. :confused: (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: untamed
31 Replies

7. Solaris

no sshd log

My ssh log appear to the screen which i want it to be log to /var/log/sshd.log how to log the sshd to /var/log? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hezry79
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Removing "Failed none for" error messages from sshd logs files

We have a number of system running the same patch level, OS version and sshd version. The systems also have the same sshd config and syslog.conf entries , however one of the systems keeps logging the following message everytime someone logs in: Nov 16 09:36:02 server389 sshd: Failed none for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Webster
3 Replies

9. Solaris

pam sshd error

Hi I wanted to convert my pam libraries to 64 bit. so recently compiled my pam_banner and pam_wheel to 64 bit. I got the following error... sshd: dlsym failed pam_sm_authenticate:error ld.so.1 : sshd fatal: pam_sm_authenticate: can't find symbol thnaks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSHd is running, but cant connect "Network error: Connection refused"

Hi, i checked on rhel VPS is running sshd (service ssh status) But i cant connect via putty: "Network error: Connection refused" Please which log file in my centos rhel linux i need to watch or what are steps to do to discover cause? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies
PAM_ENV(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual							PAM_ENV(8)

NAME
pam_env - PAM module to set/unset environment variables SYNOPSIS
pam_env.so [debug] [conffile=conf-file] [envfile=env-file] [readenv=0|1] [user_envfile=env-file] [user_readenv=0|1] DESCRIPTION
The pam_env PAM module allows the (un)setting of environment variables. Supported is the use of previously set environment variables as well as PAM_ITEMs such as PAM_RHOST. By default rules for (un)setting of variables is taken from the config file /etc/security/pam_env.conf if no other file is specified. This module can also parse a file with simple KEY=VAL pairs on separate lines (/etc/environment by default). You can change the default file to parse, with the envfile flag and turn it on or off by setting the readenv flag to 1 or 0 respectively. Since setting of PAM environment variables can have side effects to other modules, this module should be the last one on the stack. OPTIONS
conffile=/path/to/pam_env.conf Indicate an alternative pam_env.conf style configuration file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). envfile=/path/to/environment Indicate an alternative environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the file specified by envfile (0 is off, 1 is on). By default this option is on. user_envfile=filename Indicate an alternative .pam_environment file to override the default. This can be useful when different services need different environments. The filename is relative to the user home directory. user_readenv=0|1 Turns on or off the reading of the user specific environment file. 0 is off, 1 is on. By default this option is off. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
The auth and session module types are provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_ABORT Not all relevant data or options could be gotten. PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE No pam_env.conf and environment file was found. PAM_SUCCESS Environment variables were set. FILES
/etc/security/pam_env.conf Default configuration file /etc/environment Default environment file $HOME/.pam_environment User specific environment file SEE ALSO
pam_env.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7). AUTHOR
pam_env was written by Dave Kinchlea <kinch@kinch.ark.com>. Linux-PAM Manual 01/16/2014 PAM_ENV(8)