Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Comparing 2 UNIX files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Comparing 2 UNIX files Post 302958657 by Rahul Raj on Sunday 25th of October 2015 12:58:15 AM
Old 10-25-2015
Hi Don,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see how you get rid of all duplicates by selecting on a few samples???
- The duplicates will be eliminated first and then sample records will be selected.

Are you trying to compare databases? Or, are you trying to compare text files that have been extracted from those databases?
- text files extracted from databases(around 10 tables)

You say the sql server file is larger. How many records are in each database? How many fields are in each database?
- each of the 10 tables have different structure. On an average around 10-15 records and I would select a sample of around 1000 records from each file.

If you extracted each entire database into a pipe delimited text file, how many records (lines) would appear in each file and how many characters would be in the longest line in each file?
- the records in each file would vary from around 10K - 10L records.Sample would be around 1000 records and each file would have somewhere around 1000 characters

Please show us a sanitized sample of the records you want to compare and show us the output you want to produce from those input samples? (Please use CODE tags when you post the sample input and output files.)
- I can't provide the print of records due to the company policy but it would be something as below :

Code:
 File 1
 value1|unique_key|||value2(decimal)|value3(decimal)|||
 value1|unique_key|||value2|value3|||

File 2
 value1|unique_key|||value2(decimal)|value3(decimal)|||
 value1|unique_key|||value2|value3|||

result:
 want the result of the mismatched records in another file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

comparing shadow files with real files

Hi I need to compare shadow file sizes with their real file counterparts. If the shadow file size differs form the realfile size then it must send a mail. My problem is that our system has over 1600 shadowfiles in different directories, with different names. the only consistancy is the .sh file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrym
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help comparing two files and deleting some things in those files!

So I have two files: File1 pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2 pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2 ref4948 1.1 treehouse.txt 1.6 ref8573 1.5 ref3284 1.4 ref5838... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing the matches in two files using awk when both files have their own field separators

I've two files with data like below: file1.txt: AAA,Apples,123 BBB,Bananas,124 CCC,Carrot,125 file2.txt: Store1|AAA|123|11 Store2|BBB|124|23 Store3|CCC|125|57 Store4|DDD|126|38 So,the field separator in file1.txt is a comma and in file2.txt,it is | Now,the output should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find duplicates contents in a files by comparing other files?

Hi Guys , we have one directory ...in that directory all files will be set on each day.. files must have header ,contents ,footer.. i wants to compare the header,contents,footer ..if its same means display an error message as 'files contents same' (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files in a directory against an array of files

I hope I can explain this correctly. I am using Bash-4.2 for my shell. I have a group of file names held in an array. I want to compare the names in this array against the names of files currently present in a directory. If the file does not exist in the directory, that is not a problem.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BudMan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in comparing two files in UNIX with a mismatch

Hi Everyone, I am comparing results of two environments using unix files. I am writing two different csv file using spool and merging both the files using paste command paste -d, file1.csv file2.csv > prod_uat_result.csv and then finding the difference and attaching the same in a mail... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files in UNIX and create a new file similar to equi join

I have 2 files namely branch.txt file & RXD.txt file as below Ex:Branch.txt ========================= B1,Branchname1,city,country B2,Branchname2,city,country B3,Branchname3,city,country B4,Branchname4,city,country B5,Branchname5,city,country RXD file : will... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: satece
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing 2 variables in UNIX

Hi, I have 2 variables as given below. How can i compare them and say its matching ? Appreciate your help VAR1=describe/read/write VAR2=read/write/describeThanks, Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
mysqldump(1)							  MySQL database						      mysqldump(1)

NAME
mysqldump - text-based client for dumping or backing up mysql databases, tables and or data. USAGE
mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --databases [OPTIONS] DB1 [DB2 DB3...] OR mysqldump [OPTIONS] --all-databases [OPTIONS] OPTION SYNOPSIS
mysqldump [-A|--all-databases] [-a|--all] [-#|--debug=...] [--character-sets-dir=...] [-?|--help] [-B|--databases] [-c|--complete-insert] [-C|--compress] [--default-character-set=...] [-e|--extended-insert] [--add-drop-table] [--add-locks] [--allow-keywords] [--delayed- insert] [-F|--flush-logs] [-f|--force] [-h|--host=...] [-l|--lock-tables] [-n|--no-create-db] [-t|--no-create-info] [-d|--no-data] [-O|--set-variablevar=option] [--opt] [-p|--password[=...]] [-P|--port=...] [-q|--quick] [-Q|--quote-names] [-S|--socket=...] [--tables] [-T|--tab=...] [-u|--user=#] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-w|--where=] [--delayed] [-e|--extended-insert] [--fields-terminated-by=...] [--fields-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-optionally-enclosed-by=...] [--fields-escaped-by=...] [--lines-terminated-by=...] [-v|--verbose] [-V|--version] [-O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M] DESCRIPTION
Dumping definition and data mysql database or table mysqldump supports by executing -A|--all-databases Dump all the databases. This will be same as --databases with all databases selected. -a|--all Include all MySQL specific create options. -#|--debug=... Output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename`. --character-sets-dir=... Directory where character sets are -?|--help Display this help message and exit. -B|--databases To dump several databases. Note the difference in usage; In this case no tables are given. All name arguments are regarded as databasenames. -c|--complete-insert Use complete insert statements. -C|--compress Use compression in server/client protocol. --default-character-set=... Set the default character set -e|--extended-insert Allows utilization of the new, much faster INSERT syntax. --add-drop-table Add a 'drop table' before each create. --add-locks Add locks around insert statements. --allow-keywords Allow creation of column names that are keywords. --delayed-insert Insert rows with INSERT DELAYED. -F|--flush-logs Flush logs file in server before starting dump. -f|--force Continue even if we get an sql-error. -h|--host=... Connect to host. -l|--lock-tables Lock all tables for read. -n|--no-create-db 'CREATE DATABASE /*!32312 IF NOT EXISTS*/ db_name;' will not be put in the output. The above line will be added otherwise, if --databases or --all-databases option was given. -t|--no-create-info Don't write table creation info. -d|--no-data No row information. -O|--set-variable var=option give a variable a value. --help lists variables --opt Same as --add-drop-table --add-locks --all --extended-insert --quick --lock-tables -p|--password[=...] Password to use when connecting to server. If password is not given it's solicited on the tty. -P|--port=... Port number to use for connection. -q|--quick Don't buffer query, dump directly to stdout. -Q|--quote-names Quote table and column names with ` -S|--socket=... Socket file to use for connection. --tables Overrides option --databases(-B). -T|--tab=... Creates tab separated textfile for each table to given path. (creates .sql and .txt files). NOTE: This only works if mysqldump is run on the same machine as the mysqld daemon. -u|--user=# User for login if not current user. -v|--verbose Print info about the various stages. -V|--version Output version information and exit. -w|--where= dump only selected records; QUOTES mandatory! --delayed Insert rows with the INSERT DELAYED command. -e|--extended-insert Use the new multiline INSERT syntax. (Gives more compact and faster inserts statements.) --fields-terminated-by=... --fields-enclosed-by=... --fields-optionally-enclosed-by=... --fields-escaped-by=... --lines-terminated-by=... These options are used with the -T option and have the same meaning as the corresponding clauses for LOAD DATA INFILE. See Mysql manual section 7.23 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax. -v|--verbose Verbose mode. Print out more information on what the program does. -V|--version Print version information and exit. -O net_buffer_length=#, where # < 16M When creating multi-row-insert statements (as with option --extended-insert or --opt ), mysqldump will create rows up to net_buf- fer_length length. If you increase this variable, you should also ensure that the max_allowed_packet variable in the MySQL server is bigger than the net_buffer_length. EXAMPLES
The most normal use of mysqldump is probably for making a backup of whole databases. See Mysql Manual section 21.2 Database Backups. mysqldump --opt database > backup-file.sql You can read this back into MySQL with: mysql database < backup-file.sql or mysql -e 'source /patch-to-backup/backup-file.sql' database However, it's also very useful to populate another MySQL server with information from a database: mysqldump --opt database | mysql --host=remote-host -C database It is possible to dump several databases with one command: mysqldump --databases database1 [ database2 database3... ] > my_databases.sql If all the databases are wanted, one can use: mysqldump --all-databases > all_databases.sql SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysql_fix_privilege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 mysqldump(1)