Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Facing issues with cronjobs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Facing issues with cronjobs Post 302958533 by rbatte1 on Friday 23rd of October 2015 05:35:02 AM
Old 10-23-2015
Given the information so far, ....................., um?? Where do we start?

Because the logs are being written, we can be sure that the cron part works, but is the log created by redirecting the output to a file in the crontab entry, e.g.:-
Code:
00 12 * * * /home/my_noon_script > /home/my_noon_log 2>/hom/myu_noon_errors

After than, can we see the code being called? If not, then we can't really advise you.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjobs

hi How can I add a cronjob to the crontab file? to execute a shel script named testScript.sh every day at 00:00. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamer
3 Replies

2. AIX

Cronjobs

We recently upgrade from AIX 4.3.3 to AIX 5.3, We noticed that some cronjobs that run for our programmers did not fire off this morning. You can crontab -l and -e and see the jobs. Did AIX 5.3 change something? Thanks Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this possible with cronjobs?

Hi there, i've a question about cronjobs. I'm creating a concept for a centralized logging repository using log4j/log4net. Sadly the appenders I want to use (fileappenders) aren't telegram based but need a permanent stream to the repository. Because I can not assure this I want to log these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: collatz
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with tar and gzip !

Hi, I am trying to :- (1.) Tar the file and then (2.) Gzip it ! Tar command :- tar -cvf BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs Gzip command :- Gzip /app/local/XXX/XXX/XXX/logs/BLUESTAR_Archive.log_$(date +%y_%m_%d_%H_%M).tar ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with Content-Type:application/x-download Content-Disposition:attachment

I am in the process of developing a perl cgi page. I had succeeded in developing the page but there are few errors/issues with the page. description about cgi page: My CGI page retrieves all the file names from an directory and displays the files in drop down menu for downloading the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
5 Replies

7. Web Development

CronJobs issues after SSL certificate

Hello! I had a cron job running on my website, activating a php script every friday. The Php script just activated another photo to add in the gallery. It worked fine until I got an SSL certificate for my website, then everything broke. This was the command before: lynx -source... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AGDesign
0 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Regarding facing issues while accessing UNIX.com site

Hello Moderators/Admins, This is regarding an issue which I am facing from last 7 to 8 days. Issue is while trying to access this forum(simple hitting http://unix.com) I am able to login but many times my request gets timed out or 404 error or if I am able to login it will be excessive slow even... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with rsync

Hello Gurus, I am running rsync command to copy certain Directories and files into that directories to remote server. While ruuning the command all teh files has been copied but I am facing error. The below command I am executing to copy Directories and files to remote server: rsync -avrz ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing issues with shell script changes

My current requirement is to replace xxyxx string with value of date date1 variable holds a date and the current script writes html tags to a file as follows echo date1 nawk 'BEGIN{ FS="," print "<HTML>""<HEAD>""<p>Hi All,<br><br>There are no cases closed on the xxyxx" print ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh A S
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD