Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read log file to create Performance index Post 302957734 by Crazy_Nix on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 12:09:33 PM
Old 10-14-2015
Thanks a lot Don Cragun,

But i also need to use the Code to send an SMS using the variables. Can you help. I can tell you the Syntax for Wiritng the SMS.

Code:
/usr/bin/curl -O http://IP:80/Contacts.txt
contactfile=/root/script-maintainance/Contacts.txt

cat "$contactfile" | while read -r contactno;
do
/usr/bin/curl -s 'http://IP:80/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=elitecore&password=elitecore&to='$contactno'&text=Please+find+below+details+Total+Access+Requests:+$a+Total+AccessRequest+Accepted:+$b+Total+AccessRequest+Rejected:+$c >/dev/null
done

Please help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read words from file and create new file using K-shell.

Hi All, Please help me in creating files through K-shell scripts. I am having one file in this format. OWNER.TABLE_NAME OWNER.TABLE_NAME1 OWNER1.TABLE_NAME OWNER1.TABLE_NAME1 I want to read the above file and create new file through k shell script. The new file should looks like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read mp3 filename and create one XML for each file

Hi: I have a collection of mp3s and I need to create 1 xml file per mp3. I have: recording1.mp3 recording2.mp3 etc and I want to generate this kind of files. recording1.xml recording2.xml and inside each xml file I need to add a url prefix and then the filename at the end. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jason7
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK

Hi, I have two files with the format shown below. I need to read first field(value before comma) from file 1 and search for a record in file 2 that has the same value in the field "KEY=" and write the complete record of file 2 with corresponding field 2 of the first file in to result file. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Kalyan
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read multiple log files and create output file and put the result

OS : Linux 2.6.9-67 - Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 Looking for a script that reads the following log files that gets generated everynight between 2 - 5am Master_App_20090717.log Master_App1_20090717.log Master_App2_20090717.log Master_App3_20090717.log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file and create egrep variable

I want to create a egrep variable from a file. For example: string=`cat query.txt` cat myfile.txt | egrep "$string" The string variable file has a list of one or multiple lines So the end result of: cat myfile.txt | egrep "$string" would be: cat myfile.txt | egrep... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script create index.html file

I need a script that can do this: A script that searches all directories and subdirectories for .html files When a .html file is found it creates a index.html file in that folder. It then edits the index.html file and inserts links to all of the .html files that are in that folder into the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seashell11
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create table file from different files with index

Hi, I've several files with two collumns, where first collumn can be used as index. filename1 and filename2 how to create a file I should start with cat all files and extract first collumn to create an index? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sargotrons
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter logs for key words and create an index

well, im a total novice of unix commands and shell scripting, i never made anything. But yesterday in my work i was working with a lot of log files and i was wondering if there is a command for doing something like this: i have a bunch of files with text like this: blablabla errorcode1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: matius_88
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Lines from One file.. and create another.. and

Hello Members, I have one file which contains million of supplier code. I need to load these codes into database 1000 at a time. Database procedure reads from an external table which is based on the unix files. All I want to do is to read from the bigger file e.g. MAIN_FILE.txt and create... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
1 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)