Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Change directory for core file Post 302956680 by Raj999 on Friday 2nd of October 2015 01:53:15 AM
Old 10-02-2015
Change directory for core file

Hi,

Some of the process in th environment are producing a core file.
These core files are produced by default in the directory from which they were launched.
I want to change the default directory to say /tmp of that environment.

I am using both Linux and Solaris, so will need the solution for both.

Thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change security on a file or directory?

What command(s) do I use to change the security on a file? I need to change the owner as well as read write end execute options. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekkehard
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Core file in root directory

HP UX 11i Ok my server is about to run out of space, and i would like to know if there is something that i should be doing on a regular basis to maintain the machine like logs that i should clear or dmp file that i should delete... Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
2 Replies

3. AIX

core file default directory

Is there a setting anywhere to set the default directory for core files rather than creating in /home ?, and I believe there is an option to have named core files e.g core.login.2905, again does anyone know the setting. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change All File Names in a Directory

Hi, If I have a directory full of say 100 random files, and I would like to organize them, for example: FILE001, FILE002, FILE003, FILE004, etc. How would I do this from Terminal, instead of manually changing each file? I'm using Mac OS X, if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andou
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Directory

I have a directory that is existing under my root dir of the FTP server. The DIR name is 'Software Patch'. I want to move in to that DIR to download some patches. But, when I issued a command 'cd SOftware Patch', the system said that it cannot find the dir 'Software'. I tried all possible ways like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we change the permissions of a file in a directory

Hi All, I am trying to wite a Shell script which changes the permission of the files in a folder but stuck at a particular point,please help. The scenario is as follwoing: I am having a list of 10 files and a folder which has 100 files. I need to copare the list and the folder ,for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change database directory to another directory?

Hi, I Installed mysql on my CentOS 6.2 Server. But when I tried to change the location of /var/lib/mysql to another directory. I can't start the mysql. Below is what I've done yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel mkdir /path/to/new/ cp -R /var/lib/mysql /path/to/new chown -R... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory

Hi All, There is a code like below in my script ############################################### ###Create Directories and Sub-Directories ############################################### dpdir=DP_FROM_${from}_TO_${to} mkdir $dpdir cd $dpdir mkdir AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies
CORE(5) 						      BSD File Formats Manual							   CORE(5)

NAME
core -- memory image file format SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> DESCRIPTION
A small number of signals which cause abnormal termination of a process also cause a record of the process's in-core state to be written to disk for later examination by one of the available debuggers. (See sigaction(2).) This memory image is written to a file named by default core.pid, where pid is the process ID of the process, in the /cores directory, provided the terminated process had write permission in the directory, and the directory existed. The maximum size of a core file is limited by setrlimit(2). Files which would be larger than the limit are not created. The core file consists of the Mach-O(5) header as described in the <mach-o/loader.h> file. The remainder of the core file consists of vari- ous sections described in the Mach-O(5) header. NOTE
Core dumps are disabled by default under Darwin/Mac OS X. To re-enable core dumps, a privileged user must do one of the following * Edit /etc/launchd.conf or $HOME/.launchd.conf and add a line specifying the limit limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable cores with launchctl limit core unlimited * A privileged user can also enable core files by using ulimit(1) or limit(1) depending upon the shell. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), setrlimit(2), sigaction(2), Mach-O(5), launchd.conf(5), launchd.plist(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
A core file format appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 26, 2008 BSD