Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sudo reads password from a .cfg file Post 302956018 by dellanicholson on Thursday 24th of September 2015 05:34:05 PM
Old 09-24-2015
Sudo reads password from a .cfg file

cleanwork /saswork removes sas orphanded processes in the saswork directory. Subdirectories under sasem are sas94, sas92 and sasworks .

I am getting the following error messages:
'/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/ps/db_auth.cfg /sasem/sas92/sashome/sasfoundation/9.2/utilities/bin/cleanwork /sasworks'

line 69 '/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg /sasem/sas92/sashome/sasfoundation/9.2/utilities/bin/cleanwork /sasworks: A file or directory in path does not exist

'/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg /sasem/sas94/sashome/sasfoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/cleanwork /sasworks'

line 76 '/usr/bin/sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg /sasem/sas94/sashome/sasfoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/cleanwork /sasworks: A file or directory in path does not exist

-S apt-get update is not reading in the password from the db_auth.cfg file.

How the sudo -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg syntax works is when the sudo command prompts for a password, the password is read from db_auth.cfg.

db_auth.cfg contents are as following (encrypt the password) :
DB_PASSWD="Swxftyi"
DB_PASSWORD=$(eval echo ${DB_PASSWD} | base64

Code:
db_auth.cfg
DB_PASSWD="Swxftyi"
DB_PASSWORD=$(eval echo ${DB_PASSWD} | base64

Code:
function cleanwork 
{
 set -x
    '/usr/bin/sudo  -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg     /sasem/sas92/sashome/sasfoundation/9.2/utilities/bin/cleanwork /sasworks'
set +x
}

function cleanwork94
{
 set -x
    '/usr/bin/sudo  -S apt-get update <~/opt/SiM/pos/db_auth.cfg     /sasem/sas94/sashome/sasfoundation/9.4/utilities/bin/cleanwork  /sasworks'
set +x
}

./cleanwork

./cleanwork94

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

verify sudo password

edited and removed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdpalow
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo command with password

Hello everybody, Say I forgot my root password (shit happens, no?) and I'd like to brutally try 100 possibilities to delete a file using sudo. How can I make a script that tries all the passwords? The following doesn't work. Do you have a clue? foo:~$ cat test sudo rm dummy <<< 'password' echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Sudo ask for password

Hello I have a partition with Aix 5.3 and I install sudo I put the commands that I want to use x user and I put the option that donkask for password. But when I run with this user and I try to run that commands. ask me for a password. I put this line for no ask for password with that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between buffered disk reads and cached reads?

I was analyzing the Disk read using hdparm utility. This is what i got as a result. # hdparm -t /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing buffered disk reads: 108 MB in 3.04 seconds = 35.51 MB/sec # hdparm -T /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 3496 MB in 1.99 seconds = 1756.56 MB/sec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password in sudo script

salmo allikm warhmat allah wabrakato i want to do script with sudo like sudo su and want to put password in the script not get from user because i to made it startup when booting and i don't know how put in script for sudo thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pua06
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem creating pxelinux.cfg default file

Hi All, I was trying to create pxelinux.cfg/default file in a script that I use for creating backup of bootimage. cat 2>${BACKUB_BOOTIMAGE_ERRINFO} >${pxelinux_cfg_file} <<EOF prompt 1 timeout 0 display boot.msg label restore kernel kernel append root=/dev/nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sudo + Nohup = no password?

Little confused here When i go to run sudo nohup ./script.ksh & I dont get asked for a password. It starts a process ID, I can see it when i do a ps -ef | grep script. But I dont get an output file from my script, so its not doing anything. What gives? does it have to do the "&" ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Sudo without password Solaris 11.2

Hi guys, I have the strangest issue... might be a huge oversight.. who knows!! :) I am trying to configure a user to use sudo with no password, here is my sudoers configuration file root@isha:~# egrep -v "^$|^#" /etc/sudoers root ALL=(ALL) ALL %wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akame
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sudo password in shell file

Hi all, I have a script like this, where i am trying to login into oracle db via ssh and do a account unlock. #!/bin/sh ip=$1 os_user=$2 key=$3 ou_user=$4 ou_pass=$5 unlock_user=$6 ssh -i $key $os_user@$ip sudo -u $ou_user -p $ou_pass -- i am getting error here...its not taking... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
16 Replies
games_srv_selinux(8)					     SELinux Policy games_srv					      games_srv_selinux(8)

NAME
games_srv_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the games_srv processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the games_srv processes via flexible mandatory access control. The games_srv processes execute with the games_srv_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep games_srv_t ENTRYPOINTS
The games_srv_t SELinux type can be entered via the games_exec_t file type. The default entrypoint paths for the games_srv_t domain are the following: /usr/games/.*, /usr/lib/games(/.*)?, /usr/bin/civclient.*, /usr/bin/civserver.*, /usr/bin/sol, /usr/bin/kolf, /usr/bin/kpat, /usr/bin/micq, /usr/bin/gnect, /usr/bin/gtali, /usr/bin/iagno, /usr/bin/ksame, /usr/bin/ktron, /usr/bin/kwin4, /usr/bin/lskat, /usr/bin/gataxx, /usr/bin/glines, /usr/bin/klines, /usr/bin/kmines, /usr/bin/kpoker, /usr/bin/ksnake, /usr/bin/gnomine, /usr/bin/gnotski, /usr/bin/katomic, /usr/bin/kbounce, /usr/bin/kshisen, /usr/bin/ksirtet, /usr/bin/atlantik, /usr/bin/gnibbles, /usr/bin/gnobots2, /usr/bin/kenolaba, /usr/bin/klickety, /usr/bin/konquest, /usr/bin/kreversi, /usr/bin/ksokoban, /usr/bin/mahjongg, /usr/bin/blackjack, /usr/bin/gnotravex, /usr/bin/kblackbox, /usr/bin/kfouleggs, /usr/bin/kmahjongg, /usr/bin/kwin4proc, /usr/bin/lskatproc, /usr/bin/Maelstrom, /usr/bin/kas- teroids, /usr/bin/ksmiletris, /usr/bin/kspaceduel, /usr/bin/ktuberling, /usr/bin/same-gnome, /usr/bin/kbackgammon, /usr/bin/kbattleship, /usr/bin/kgoldrunner, /usr/bin/gnome-stones, /usr/bin/kjumpingcube PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux games_srv policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their games_srv processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for games_srv: games_srv_t Note: semanage permissive -a games_srv_t can be used to make the process type games_srv_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to per- missive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. games_srv policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run games_srv with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow all daemons the ability to read/write terminals, you must turn on the daemons_use_tty boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P daemons_use_tty 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type games_srv_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. games_data_t /var/games(/.*)? /var/lib/games(/.*)? games_srv_var_run_t COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), games_srv(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) games_srv 14-06-10 games_srv_selinux(8)