Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 5.10 "Move Pointer" stuck Post 302955819 by DukeNuke2 on Tuesday 22nd of September 2015 02:48:41 AM
Old 09-22-2015
Common Desktop Environment (CDE)

Maybe you can find some hints...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

boot process stuck on "Welcome to AIX" banner

Good afternoon, I'm currently working on an IBM 9110-510, with an AIX 6.1 on it. Currently, I've put an HyperTerminal on the machine vty0. Folowing the procedure given by a support guy(§details), I'm able to get to the AIX banner ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilleb
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Printer Entries stuck "finished printing"

On Solaris 8, when I do a lpstat -o: I have tried cancel 140828p-16974, but the entries remain New prints to this printer and others work successfully. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of these entries. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmm
2 Replies

3. AIX

"fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX" Fails and stuck on AIX 6100-05-01-1016

Hi I was wondering if anybody has come across in a failure of fuser command. We have a backup script that is: fuser -c -k /XXX/XXXXXXX sync;sync umount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ backup -0 -f /dev/rmt0.1 -u /dev/XXXXXXXlv mount /XXX/XXXXXXX/ sync;sync The script is called from crontab via an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggovotsis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Programming

php stop "internal row pointer" when fetch from mysql

Hi gurus, I need to call php function for fetching data from mysql but I dont want to move internal row pointer (IRP) forward. Or even get the actual IRP position then fetch data and move IRP back to remembered position. Function mysql_data_seek() is not suitable for my example because I am trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wakatana
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Processes on FreeBSD are stuck in "pipewr" state

Hi Experts, I am executing "svn" checkout command through my java code on a freeBSD machine. SVN checkout gets started , but when I run "top" command on my freebsd machine, I have observed that "svn" processes are stuck in "pipewr" state. Any pointer for this problem? Thanks, akash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash.mahakode
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting vowels in string. "Comparison pointer-integer".

I'm trying to write a programme which scans strings to find how many vowels they contain. I get an error saying that I'm trying to compare a pointer and an integer inif(*v == scanme){. How can I overcome this ? Also, the programme seems to scan only the first word of a string e.g.: if I type "abc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fakuse
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Printer configuration Migration from Solaris 10 "LP" to Solaris 11 "CUPS"

Need to find a way to import an LP printers.conf file to CUPS. I have some new Solaris 11.1 boxes that need to have 300 printers added. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"

Server is stuck at "Stuck at "bringing up interface eth0:"" after i hard reset the server I have IPMI access, please help me diagnose the cause if you can :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
0 Replies
sysman_intro(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   sysman_intro(8)

NAME
sysman_intro - Introduction of SysMan applications DESCRIPTION
SysMan is a suite of applications for managing Tru64 UNIX systems. The SysMan applications provide a simple, easy to use, graphical user interface (GUI) for common system management tasks including installation and configuration. When you follow the installation instructions in the Installation Guide, the installation GUI, Installation Setup, is displayed automati- cally. To help you prepare the system for general use, the Tru64 UNIX: System Setup checklist is displayed when you log in as root for the first time after performing an installation. SysMan applications and help are available from the Application Manager (tool drawer) icon on the CDE front panel, or from the SysMan Applications panel above the SysMan Station icon on the root CDE window. For additional information, see the Welcome to SysMan help volume by performing the following procedure: Click on the Application Manager icon (the file drawer) on the CDE front panel. Double click on the System_Admin application group icon. Double click on the Welcome to SysMan icon. If you are not running CDE, but have installed it, you can open the Welcome to Sysman help volume by entering the following sequence of commands at the command line: /bin/sh PATH=$PATH:/usr/dt/bin export PATH DTHELPSEARCHPATH=/usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/%H export DTHELPSEARCH- PATH DTUSERSESSION=${USER}-`uname -n`-0 export DTUSERSESSION dthelpgen -dir $HOME/.dt/help/$DTUSERSESSION dthelpview -helpVolume browser SEE ALSO
Commands: bttape(8), bindconfig(8), diskconfig(8), dxaccounts(8), dxadvfs(8), dxarchiver(8), dxdw(8), dxfileshare(8), dxhosts(8), dxkernel- tuner(8), dxlicenses(8), dxlsm(8), dxpower(8), dxpresto(8), dxproctuner(8), dxshutdown(8), dxsysinfo(8), mailconfig(8), mailusradm(8), net- config(8), nfsconfig(8), printconfig(8), sysman(8), System Administration Release Notes Installation Guide Technical Overview X Window System Administrator's Guide Network Administration Common Desktop Environment: User's Guide CDE Companion Common Desktop Environment: Advanced User's and System Administrator's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Programmer's Overview Common Desktop Environment: Programmer's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Help System Author's and Programmer's Guide Common Desktop Environment: Style Guide and Certification Checklist OSF/Motif Style Guide sysman_intro(8)