Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Restrict remote DB connection from PERL Post 302953386 by talashil on Thursday 27th of August 2015 01:27:46 PM
Old 08-27-2015
Restrict remote DB connection from PERL

I have PERL code to connect to Oracle database using DBI.

e.g.

$PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:db111 testu testpass));"

by using DBI , if remote DB added to tnsnames.ora , I can connect using DBI . is there a way to restrict not to connect to remote DB using DBI ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need remote connection help

I am very new to all of this. I tcsh into a Unix box at work. I receive "hints" from a guy here at work that is helping me without doing everything for me. I need to use rx display to x connect to a remote host. I then need to tell the machine (unsure if he meant mine or the box I connected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: noobie_doo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote connection

Hi: Can i access my Linux Box from a remote machine, Login and Run a program(eg: netscape) in a particular display number. Assuming i do not have XServer running in my machine Appreciate the help Thanks, Preetham. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetham
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote Connection (SSH)

Hello all, I connect usually to one enviornment "dev" daily and then ftp some files to some other enviorment "uat" and then login to "uat" and run some scripts to process these files. I was thinking to automate the process, where running one script from "dev" will complete all task required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote SSH Connection Using Script

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting. Can anybody help me in writing a Script Which Could Login from a Unix box to a Remote Unix box which accepts the user credentials automatically and display the result for checking the Disk Space Utilisation (Without running any SSH agent). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajith_tg
1 Replies

5. SCO

Remote connection trought Telnet

Well... finally I took and old SCO Server and it works fine to keep working my ERP, but now I have a "LITTLE" trouble... with the other server we've made a connection trought TinyTerm with a DYNDNS Domain, in my firewall I noticed that there's a RULE establishing that the IP 192.168.0.1 (Server IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LIA_RAG
4 Replies

6. Linux

GUI remote connection

Hello, I need a tool for remote GUI connection to Linux machine ,something like remote Desktop in windows?????any help Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote connection

How can we connect to remote computers with a bash script.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diw10
1 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: restrict perl from automaticaly creating a hash branches on check

My issue is that the perl script (as I have done it so far) created empty branches when I try to check some branches on existence. I am using multydimentional hashes: found it as the best way for information that I need to handle. Saing multidimentional I means hash of hashes ... So, I have ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

10. Web Development

Restrict user for certain number of connection

Hello, I need help in Apache to restrict user for number of concurrent connection. its basically related to nagios monitoring site. End user opening N no of tab to monitor and it increase load on server. any setting will help me here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
3 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI - "parser" for DBI handles SYNOPSIS
use DBI; use SQL::Translator; my $dbh = DBI->connect('dsn', 'user', 'pass', { RaiseError => 1, FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc', } ); my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', dbh => $dbh, ); Or: use SQL::Translator; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new( parser => 'DBI', parser_args => { dsn => 'dbi:mysql:FOO', db_user => 'guest', db_password => 'password', } ); DESCRIPTION
This parser accepts an open database handle (or the arguments to create one) and queries the database directly for the information. The following are acceptable arguments: o dbh An open DBI database handle. NB: Be sure to create the database with the "FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc'" option as all the DBI parsers expect lowercased column names. o dsn The DSN to use for connecting to a database. o db_user The user name to use for connecting to a database. o db_password The password to use for connecting to a database. There is no need to specify which type of database you are querying as this is determined automatically by inspecting $dbh->{'Driver'}{'Name'}. If a parser exists for your database, it will be used automatically; if not, the code will fail automatically (and you can write the parser and contribute it to the project!). Currently parsers exist for the following databases: o MySQL o SQLite o Sybase o PostgreSQL (still experimental) Most of these parsers are able to query the database directly for the structure rather than parsing a text file. For large schemas, this is probably orders of magnitude faster than traditional parsing (which uses Parse::RecDescent, an amazing module but really quite slow). Though no Oracle parser currently exists, it would be fairly easy to query an Oracle database directly by using DDL::Oracle to generate a DDL for the schema and then using the normal Oracle parser on this. Perhaps future versions of SQL::Translator will include the ability to query Oracle directly and skip the parsing of a text file, too. AUTHOR
Ken Y. Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
DBI, SQL::Translator. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBI(3pm)