Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Arrays with UNIX Commands
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Arrays with UNIX Commands Post 302952875 by shyamshankarj on Monday 24th of August 2015 03:10:33 AM
Old 08-24-2015
Thanks for the reply.

@Corona688

Yes i need a array as i have to find what files are there in that location and backup them from a location, if exists and replace the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all Iam trying to send an array to oracle procedure from unix. Iam writing a program in K Shell to pass this array to oracle. Is it possible. Please advice thanks Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

are Associative Arrays possible in UNIX?

Is it possible to say.. myArr=34 myArr=15 ? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arrays to oracle from unix

Hi all... Im looking to pass the contents of a simple file to Oracle so that it can be stored in a database table. The best way i can think of to avoid overhead is to loop through the contents of the file and store the data in a bash array. then the array can be passed to SQL Plus where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrays in unix

I have a Main shell script file. In that the below lines(7) is spooled in Oracle & written to a file say temp.out INSTANCE_N ---------- undefined PROACT1 REPCAT1 PROACT2 REPCAT2 I want to ignore the first 3 lines & put the rest 4 lines PROACT1..REPCAT2 into the arrays. So that i can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

2d arrays in unix

hi everybody can anyone help me with usage of 2 dimensional arrays in unix. please provide a suitable example for accessing individual elements as well as all elements. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpriyank
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrays in UNIX

Hi there, I have a small piece of code i=1 Number=10 while do echo "$i" Check=`cmd to give to me file name with path i=`expr ${i} + 1` done when i do in a loop echo "$Check"---------Unable to display, the values. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen_5960
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameters + arrays in unix shell

Say I have ./param HEY What would I do if I wanted to store each character into an array? Example. ARRAY1="H" ARRAY1="E" ARRAY1="Y" thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
5 Replies

9. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrays in unix

hi all, is there any method to declare each line of a text file to array variable. my text file is: 123 222 333 so, a=123 a=222 a=333 can anyone help me out pls... thanks in advance, Arun Manas:b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies
svn-fast-backup(1)					      General Commands Manual						svn-fast-backup(1)

NAME
svn-fast-backup - very fast backup for Subversion fsfs repositories. SYNOPSIS
svn-fast-backup [-q] [-k{N|all}] [-f] [-t] [-s] repos_path backup_dir DESCRIPTION
svn-fast-backup uses rsync snapshots for very fast backup of a Subversion fsfs repository at repos_path to backup_dir/repos-rev, the latest revision number in the repository. Multiple fsfs backups share data via hardlinks, so old backups are almost free, since a newer revision of a repository is almost a complete superset of an older revision. This is good for replacing incremental log-dump+restore-style backups because it is just as space-conserving and even faster; there is no inter-backup state (old backups are essentially caches); each backup directory is self-contained. It has the same command-line interface as svn-hot-backup(1) (if you use --force), but only works for fsfs repositories. svn-fast-backup keeps 64 backups by default and deletes backups older than these; this can be adjusted with the -k option. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows some brief help text. -q, --quiet Quieter-than-usual operation. -k, --keep=N Keep a specified number of backups; the default is to keep 64. -k, --keep=all Do not delete any old backups at all. -f, --force Make a new backup even if one with the current revision exists. -t, --trace Show actions. -s, --simulate Don't perform actions. AUTHOR
Voluntary contributions made by many individuals. Copyright (C) 2006 CollabNet. 2006-11-09 svn-fast-backup(1)