Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing cisco cfg to export as csv Post 302952787 by djzah on Friday 21st of August 2015 04:07:41 PM
Old 08-21-2015
Thats incredible. Exactly what I was trying to do. Your script makes it look so easy. I really appreciate it. Thank You. Now I would like to try and dissect what you are doing so I can learn how its working. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix script to export data from csv file to oracle database

Hello people, Need favour. The problem I have is that, I need to develop a unix shell script that performs recurring exports of data from a csv file to an oracle database. Basically, the csv file contains just the first name and last name will be dumped to an Unix server. The data from these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayagan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a csv file

I am trying to parse a csv file in the below 'name-value pair' format and then use the values corresponding to the name. Type:G,Instance:instance1,FunctionalID:funcid,Env:dev,AppName:appname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 problems: Mailing CSV file / parsing CSV for display

I have been trying to find a good solution for this seemingly simple task for 2 days, and I'm giving up and posting a thread. I hope someone can help me out! I'm on HPUX, using sqlplus, mailx, awk, have some other tools available, but can't install stuff that isn't already in place (without a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soldstatic
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a CSV File

Hey guys, I'm in the process of learning PHP and BASH scripting. I'm getting there, slowly ;) I would like some help with parsing a CSV file. This file contains a list of hostnames, dates, and either Valid, Expired, or Expired Soon in the last column. Basically, I want to parse the file,... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dzl
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export named to CSV?

I am really shooting for the moon here but I really want to be able to break down our named.conf file into a CSV file so I can easily see what options are for each zone. Here are two basic entries as examples: zone "mywiseguys.com" { type slave; file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Parsing a CSV File

Hello All, I have an input CSV file like below, where first row data can be in different position after every run of the tool, i.e. pzTest in below example is in column 1, but it can be also in 3 column and same for all the headers in the first row. pzTest, pzExtract, pxUpdate, pzInfo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asirohi
1 Replies

7. Linux

Parsing - export html table data as .csv file?

Hi all, Is there any out there have a brilliant idea on how to export html table data as .csv or write to txt file with separated comma and also get the filename of link from every table and put one line per rows each table. Please see the attached html and PNG of what it looks like. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Gather data from logs and export to a CSV file

Greetings, After a few hours of trial and error, I decide to ask for some help. I am new to AWK and shell script, so please don't laugh :p I made the below script, to gather data from some logs and have the output into a CSV file : #!/bin/sh #Script to collect Errors ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami_Sama
9 Replies
script(1)						      General Commands Manual							 script(1)

NAME
script - Makes a transcript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [file] The script command makes a transcript of everything printed on your terminal. OPTIONS
Appends the transcript to file rather than writing it to file. OPERANDS
The name of an output file that will contain the transcript of the session. If this parameter is omitted, the file typescript is written. DESCRIPTION
The transcript is written to file, or appended to file if the -a option is given. If no file name is given, the transcript is saved in the file typescript. The script ends when the forked shell exits. This program is useful when you are using a CRT and want a hard-copy record of the dialog (for example, a technical writer might create an example of a working session this way). If you specify the -a option and the file does not exist, it is created. If you do not specify the -a option and the file exists, it is replaced. RESTRICTIONS
The script command requires a streams based terminal. In single user mode, streams may not be enabled. Under these circumstances, script will exit with no action. If you are the superuser and need to run this command in single user mode, use the following special instruc- tions. Enabling Streams If it is necessary to enable a streams environment in the single user mode, enter the command /sbin/init.d/streams. This command is avail- able to the superuser only. SEE ALSO
Commands: autopush(8), cat(1), echo(1), strsetup(8), tee(1) System Administration script(1)