Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with Oracle VM on SPARC and LUN Multipathing Post 302951244 by bwcamp on Tuesday 4th of August 2015 09:03:09 AM
Old 08-04-2015
We are a small shop...not a great amount of Solaris expertise. We have 2 Netra T4-1 servers running production apps and the OVM Netra is intended to be DR for those apps. Just keeping things simple and keeping setup similar across all 3 servers. We have cisco SAN with IBM DS3524 storage. Thanks for your input (was on vacation which is the reason for my delay in responding).

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Oracle Linux on SPARC

Hi Oracle Linux users, You can probably guess from the title what the question is: Does anyone know if Oracle Linux (the Unbreakable variety I think that is) comes in a SPARC release or, if not, will there be one some time soon ? Many thanks, P;):D:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patcom
2 Replies

2. Solaris

IPMP in the Service Domain (Oracle VM Sparc)

Hello Using VM server 3.1, I would like to configure a vswitch based on IPMP of 2 physical port so that IPMP is only configured on the primary domain and no more on guest domains. Regarding the documentation (Configuring IPMP in a Logical Domains Environment - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: yguilloux
10 Replies

3. Solaris

External Network Connectivity w/Oracle VM Server for SPARC & Solaris 11

Hello all, thanks for reading my question: So I've been a Unix/Linux SysAdmin for a couple years, and I'm a bit over my head running solo, trying to set up LDoms using Oracle VM Server 3.1 for SPARC. I've been very careful, and things have gone well up until the point I try to access the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Oracle VM for SPARC - control/io domain dilemna

Hi all, My internal SAS disks (4 of them) are all sitting on the same controller/pcie device which is now being own by my default primary aka io aka control domain. I have created a vdisk server, that serves slices on these 4 disks to guest domain and everything is working fine. The issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mssprince
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Migrating Oracle on Solaris Sparc to Linux RHEL 7 VM

Hi Gurus, We are migrating Oracle from Solaris to RHEL 7 and looking for Solaris equivalent commands for Linux. we are using lot of korn shell scripts built on Solaris so, i am looking for equivalent commands which are using in Solaris.. Could you please help me here by proving any info ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mssprince
4 Replies
XVIF(4) 						 BSD/xen Kernel Interfaces Manual						   XVIF(4)

NAME
xvif -- Xen backend paravirtualized network interface SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device xvif DESCRIPTION
The xvif interface forms the backend part of the paravirtualized drivers used by Xen domains to offer network connectivity. When the guest domain is NetBSD, the endpoint of the xvif interface is a xennet(4) interface. In the XenStore, xvif and xennet are identi- fied by ``vif'' (virtual interface) entries. All xvif interfaces follow the ``xvifXiY'' naming convention, where 'X' represents the guest domain identifier, and 'Y' an arbitrary identi- fier; most of the time, it is the frontend interface identifier, e.g. ``xennetY''. For convenience, the MAC address of an xvif interface is chosen by incrementing the third byte of the MAC address of the frontend device. Conceptually, frontends and backends drivers are similar to two Ethernet cards connected via a crossover cable. DIAGNOSTICS
xvif%di%d: can't read %s/mac: %d The MAC address for this interface could not be read from XenStore. xvif%di%d: %s is not a valid mac address The MAC address specified in the configuration file of the newly created guest domain is invalid. xvif%di%d: Ethernet address %s MAC address of the xvif interface. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), xennet(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The xvif driver first appeared in NetBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The xvif driver was written by Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@NetBSD.org>. BSD
April 7, 2011 BSD