Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Scirpt to fetch the variable from sqlplus Post 302950732 by arun888 on Tuesday 28th of July 2015 09:54:26 AM
Old 07-28-2015
Scirpt to fetch the variable from sqlplus

Hi Gurus,

I am stuck with the step where i need to fetch the location & sales from the below procedure by taking it from table field using the for loop. any idea how this can be done in unix. From one column both the location and sales are taken out.

Code:
create or replace procedure newyork
as          
cursor rec 
IS
select * from location_queue where location like daily.mmm%';
V_LOC_CT       NUMBER;
v_location_id     VARCHAR2(50);
v_sales           NUMBER;
BEGIN 
for i in rec
loop
select substr(i.location,12,4)  INTO v_location_id from dual;
select substr(i.location,17,4) INTO v_sales from dual; 
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('locationid is '||v_location_id);
DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE ('sales is '||v_sales);
SELECT COUNT(*) INTO LOC_CT FROM TOTAL_COUNT WHERE location_ID = v_location_id AND   sales= v_sales;
IF V_CHK_COUNT > 0 THEN
DELETE FROM TOTAL_COUNT WHERE location_ID = v_location_id AND sales= v_sales;
END

Last edited by arun888; 07-28-2015 at 11:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a variable in sqlplus

Hello, I'm trying to write a script that will loop a sql statement through an external list. Basically, the script enters a loop and runs the sql statement for each entry in the list file. Currently, the script will stop at a cursor where I can then manually enter the SQL statment. This is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadHatter
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix code to fetch the first field till space in a variable

Hi, I want to get the value of the first field till space in a variable. e.g x=323 /test/personel/logs/File1 I want to get the first field till space i.e 323 in another variable ,lets say y. echo $x|cut -d' ' -f1 gives 323 but when I'm trying y=`echo $x|cut -d' ' -f1 its giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: autosys_nm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch variable value in if block and to compare it with certain string

Hi, I am trying to execute this command if ; then but getting error .Some problem with reteriving the value of $exception_info. Please help.Its urgent. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: khushboo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the unix variable to sqlplus

Hi, I am writing a script which creates an external table using a shell script. My requirement is like this. Usage: . ./r.ksh <table_name> - this should create an external table. e.g . ./r.ksh abc - this should create an external table as abc_external. How do i achieve this? Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anaramkris
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetch Variable value

Hi Guys, I have written a script that declares all the variables and its values in a conf file. Now i use a variable whose value i need to change it in one of the sub-file that is used in the script. In the startup file i want to print or check its value. The value get changed and printed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with variable from sqlplus

Hi, I'm a it stuck on the below code where a variable is pulled from sqlplus and used in awk. It runs with no errors but still pulls back all records in the input file. It should pull the max reference from sql plus and then only print those records where the reference value in column 1 is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanb30
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Unable to fetch the UNIX variable information

I am having a file called variable_info.ksh in that file I am having following global variable information like… EMAIL_PATH=/var/mail TMP_PATH=/home/tmp And we are having another temporary parameter file abcd.txt, in that file we are having the following information like… EMAIL|EMAI_PATH I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesahammad
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch field to variable

Input.txt NOTE1|VALUE1|HMM|UPSTR| NOTE2||HMP|UPSTR| NOTE3|VALUE3|HML|UPSTR| NOTE4||HMD|UPSTR| NOTE5|VALUE5|HMS|UPSTR| NOTE6|VALUE6|HSD|UPSTR| NOTE7||HSS|UPSTR| NOTE8|VALUE8|HEE|UPSTR| NOTE9|VALUE9|HER|DOWNSTR| NOTE50|VALUE1|HEE|DOWNSTR| I am trying to read field 1, 2 and 3 from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joselouis
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus variable UNIX

hi guys i have a sqlplus : sqlplus -s username/password << EOF @mysql.sql EOF in mysql.sql there is a count of a table, i want to write in a variabile unix. how can i do? Thanks a lot Regards Francesco. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
3 Replies
create link(1m) 														   create link(1m)

NAME
create link - Creates a soft link and optionally specifies an expiration time and an extension time SYNOPSIS
cdscp create link link-name CDS_LinkTarget = target-name [CDS_LinkTimeout = (expiration-time extension-time)] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the soft link. The full name of the entry to which the soft link points. A date and time after which CDS checks for existence of the soft link's target and either extends or deletes the soft link. The value is specified as yyyy-mm-dd-hh:mm:ss (year- month-day-hour:minute:second). You can abbreviate this value. A period of time by which to extend the soft link's expiration time (if the server has validated that the target still exists). The value is specified as ddd-hh:mm:ss (days-hour:minute:second). You can abbreviate ths value. DESCRIPTION
The create link command creates a soft link. If you specify the CDS_LinkTimeout attribute, you must specify an expiration time and an extension time. If you omit the CDS_LinkTimeout attribute, the soft link is permanent and must be explicitly deleted. Privilege Required You must have insert permission to the directory in which you intend to create the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates a permanent soft link named /.:/sales/tokyo/price-server that points to an object entry named /.:/sales/east/price-server. The expiration value indicates that CDS will check that the destination name /.:/sales/east/price-server still exists on June 25,1995, at 12:00 p.m. If the destination name still exists, the soft link remains in effect another 90 days. There- after, CDS will check that the destination name exists every 90 days. cdscp> create link /.:/sales/tokyo/price-server CDS_LinkTarget > = /.:/sales/east/price-server CDS_LinkTimeout =(1995-06-25-12:00:00 > = 90-00:00:00) RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: delete link(1m), list link(1m), set link(1m), show link(1m) create link(1m)