Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailx command doubt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx command doubt Post 302950007 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 20th of July 2015 04:37:23 AM
Old 07-20-2015
Hello arun888,

Could you please try following and let us know if this helps you.
Code:
 ps -ef | grep "server" | mailx -s "servers currently which are running" xyz@abc.com <<EOF
Server 62 -> Used for User acessing.
Server 65 -> Used for Database acessing.
EOF

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in mailx

Does not supplying a file to mailx cause it to run long? Cmd is like this: mailx -s "subject" recipient. Would the foll. cmd run fast: echo "content" | mailx -s "subject" recipient The recipient is a group id. Unix version:HP-UX B.11.11. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@tcs
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx Doubt

Hi, I just wanted send corbon copy in mailx command, could you please assist me? I tried the below but it didn't work cat sample.txt|mailx -s "hi" -c xyz@gmail.com abc@gmail.com Shahnaz. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

doubt in tr command

Hi, I am trying to understand a script and found a line as follows: tr '\211\233\240' '\040' < $IN_FILE | tr -cd '\11\12\15\40-\176' > $TEMP_FILE Can any one explain the above line .. What are they trying to translate using the tr command.. I have not used tr command.. so feeling little bit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt in grep command

Hello i am new shell scripting. I have a file like this, $ cat myfile ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;xyz ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/2;usr2 ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;abc ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/2;usr2 ;/abc/abc.cpp@@/main/1;usr1 when i grep the file. $ grep "abc" myfile... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
8 Replies

5. Solaris

doubt reg mailx command

Hi, Am trying to send mail from solaris host to my mailbox, but while executing mailx command am getting the follow error.Is this syntax corect? #mailx -s "subject" <myid> The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command doubt

i have input files like this SFE_DOC_DATE (SFE_DOC_DATE:UniChar.:): "04/18/20" SFE_PSTNG_DATE (SFE_PSTNG_DATE:UniChar.:): "04/18/20" SFE_CREATEDON (SFE_CREATEDON:UniChar.:): "05/31/20" SFE_CLEAR_DATE (SFE_CLEAR_DATE:UniChar.:): "(NULL)" SFE_CLR_DOC_NO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

mailx usage doubt

How to use mailx to send a mail by specifying the from: address, considering that i am the root user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt in ls command

dear users and experts, i am stuck withis command and i am unable to understand what is it doing?? ls -d * (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshank
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command doubt

Hi all, I need to find the line by using grep command with the two occurence of word in the same line. I tried the below example it prints the word choice. cat nohup.out Dictionary utl is completed. file is completed. Dictionary file is completed. grep 'Dictionary\|file'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
0 Replies
readproctitle(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  readproctitle(8)

NAME
readproctitle - maintains an automatically rotated log in memory for inspection by ps(1). readproctitle is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
readproctitle L D DESCRIPTION
L consists of any number of arguments. D is one argument consisting of at least five dots. readproctitle reads data into the end of D, shifting D to the left to make room. This means that the most recent data is visible to process-listing tools such as ps(1). readproctitle always leaves three dots at the left of D. For example, if readproctitle io errors: .................... reads the data fatal error xyz warning abc then its command-line arguments change to readproctitle io errors: ... xyz!warning abc! with a newline character in place of each !. Process-listing tools typically show the newline character as ? or . readproctitle exits when it reaches the end of input. Beware that most implementations of ps(1) have small argument-length limits. These limits apply to the total length of readproctitle L D. I have not seen a system with a limit below 512 bytes. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setu- idgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html readproctitle(8)