Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use zip command in AIX? Post 302949262 by scriptor on Wednesday 8th of July 2015 01:48:57 PM
Old 07-08-2015
How to use zip command in AIX?

hi

i am not able to use zip command in aix.
getting below error
Code:
zip abc.zip
ksh: zip:  not found.

Code:
 oslevel 

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

URGENT: zip utility on AIX 5.x

Do you know where can I find the 'zip' binary utility for AIX 5.x ? I have the zip-2.3.0.0.bff file, but I don't have root access and I want to test the 'zip' utility. Thank you !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: V3l0
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zip command

Hello, What is the appropriate command to zip a folder that contain sub folder and files? Example: Folder lunaa In the folder there are a number of folder e.g 01526, etc...which contains number of file. Any idea would be grateful. Many thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: su_in99
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip command

Hi All, I have the following requirement. Source file Products_Extract.dat contains <CTRL M > characters and hence is in DOS format. I zip this file using zip command in UNIX BOX as follows: find . -name Products_Extract.dat|zip Target.zip -@ Next I ftp (in Binary MODE) this output zip... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip command (zip folder doesn't include a folder of the same name)

Hi guys, I have a question about the zip command. Right now I have a directory with some files and folders on it that I want to compress. When I run the zip command: zip foo -r I am getting a foo.zip file that once I unzip it contains a foo folder. I want to create the foo.zip, but that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elioncho
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with zip command..

Hi friends I am working in cygwin. Currently I am in root directory(C). I want to zip only the files from a diretory "A" to a new directory 1.zip in root directory C. I am using the following command: $: zip 1.zip A/* but it is zipping the entire directory itself, But what I want is when... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to zip file in AIX with password.

Hi Guru, I have assignment to create script to compress file as .ZIP with password. I don't know the command line in AIX. It's very new for me. I'm try to use zip or tar but I don't have any option for encrypt with password. Please kindly suggest me. Thank you very much. Multidev (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: multidev
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip command not working

Hi, file.txt 1 2 3 4 5 zip command is not working in linux environment. zip file.zip file.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip data using Command

HI Guys, I using below command to zip data but in zip file i have entire path of source. zip $HOME/EM/ZIPData/All.tar.gz /vr/rt/on/mg/set/XM/Swor/xt/0300*.* In Zip file i have entire path vr/rt/on/mg/set/XM/Swor/xt/ I just want file data zip in may target location (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding zip command

Hi, I wish to zip a folder with only those files which have ".properties" extension while excluding all other file extensions be it in the same folder or sub-folder. Can you help me with how can get that to work ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
ZIP_OPEN(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       ZIP_OPEN(3)

NAME
zip_open - open zip archive LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> struct zip * zip_open(const char *path, int flags, int *errorp); DESCRIPTION
The zip archive specified by path is opened and a pointer to a struct zip, used to manipulate the archive, is returned. The are specified by or'ing the following values, or 0 for none of them. ZIP_CREATE Create the archive if it does not exist. ZIP_EXCL Error if archive already exists. ZIP_CHECKCONS Perform additional consistency checks on the archive, and error if they fail. If an error occurs and errorp is non-NULL, it will be set to the corresponding error code. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion zip_open returns a struct zip pointer. Otherwise, NULL is returned and *errorp is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The archive specified by path is opened unless: [ZIP_ER_EXISTS] The file specified by path exists and ZIP_EXCL is set. [ZIP_ER_INCONS] Inconsistencies were found in the file specified by path and ZIP_CHECKCONS was specified. [ZIP_ER_INVAL] The path argument is NULL. [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. [ZIP_ER_NOENT] The file specified by path does not exist and ZIP_CREATE is not set. [ZIP_ER_NOZIP] The file specified by path is not a zip archive. [ZIP_ER_OPEN] The file specified by path could not be opened. [ZIP_ER_READ] A read error occurred; see for details. [ZIP_ER_SEEK] The file specified by path does not allow seeks. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_close(3), zip_error_to_str(3), zip_fdopen(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH February 15, 2009 ZIP_OPEN(3)