Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes? Post 302948811 by biswajitnitd on Thursday 2nd of July 2015 04:29:21 PM
Old 07-02-2015
How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?

Hi Unix Members,

Can anyone guide me to write one shell script to monitor the attach screen processes and when interrupted mail us. ,
like the processes - /bin/ciserver , /bin/clock , /bin/cserver , /bin/main

Please looking forward you guys help.
How to monitor some UNIX process and send notification in every 10 minutes?-unispoolpng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Event Monitor notification : Severity Serious : what does that mean ???

Hi I received this mail (root) on my hp-ux 11.00. >------------ Event Monitoring Service Event Notification ------------< Notification Time: Thu Mar 22 08:41:28 2007 hostname sent Event Monitor notification information: /storage/events/disks/default/0_0_1_1.0.0 is >= 3. Its current value... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing of a process and send a mail if the process doesnot come up within 2 minutes

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Fault Alarm SMS Every 30 Minutes

Hi All, I am working in telecom sector. I want to send a fault alarm SMS in every 30 min. Ex.. If one alarm come at say 12:00 and its up say upto 18:00.in this case i want to send a SMS to concern person for every half an hour...can you plz suggest me script which will do the same Awaiting for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sususa
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

check postfix deferred mail and send notification script

Hi Guys, I have a postfix server which is deferring emails. Now I need to send notification to a specific email address if: The sender of the deferred email is: abc@example.com Contains specific subjects: a file (/opt/subjects) contains all the subjects in place Then need to send a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxrulz
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the size and send notification

Hello, I want to do something simple, I want to count the dir size (du -sh directoryname) and then check if it is over 100GB. If it is more than 100GB I want to send a notification , if it less than 100GB the script can just stop. I know how to count with du -sh and how to send an email... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor and restart UNIX process

Hi all, Tearing my hair out..! I have a requirement to monitor and restart a unix process via a simple watchdog script. I have the following 3 scripts that dont work for me.. script 1 (only produces 1 output if process is up or not)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Critical Sevices and Process to be monitor on UNIX servers

Need to note the list of critical / important services and process need to monitor on unix server always with one line explanation for severity. Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marunmeera
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in UNIX through email which is created only 15 minutes before the current time?

I wanted to send an email to the client whenever there is failed record created in a /feed/HR-76/failed folder after processing of feed file. I can find out with the help of below script that what is the new file created but that file didn't make just 15 minutes before. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
1 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)