Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with ftp hanging
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue with ftp hanging Post 302948392 by rbatte1 on Monday 29th of June 2015 12:32:04 PM
Old 06-29-2015
A couple of questions to consider:-
  • Is the file being read a pipe rather than a plain file by any chance?
    If so, it will be waiting for input and an end-of-file to be written to the pipe file.
  • Are there any errors returned or does the whole thing just stop?
  • Are the network errors? Small files might be okay, but larger ones might cause it to go extremely slowly (seemingly infinite) I have experienced this when a switch forced a connection to 100Mb full-duplex but he card could only run at 10Mb half-duplex.

Maybe investigating these might help,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi all, I am trying to connect to ftp through the following shell script ip='172.12.40.45' user='oracele' pw='oracle@7Hills' ftp -n -i -v $ip<<EOF user $user $pw EOF But i am getting the following message $ /home/oracle/practice/ftptst Connected to 172.12.40.45. 220 (vsFTPd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

I was changing a bit of the existing script and didnt comment the ftp part in it. So, the ftp step executed, but there was no input file. I got the message like this netout: write returned 0? 250 Transfer completed successfully. What does this mean?. Has the ftp replaced the existing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Issue-Help

Hi all, I am trying to transfer files from one server to another. Following is script i wrote for this purpose. It downloads the file to the server which the script is residing and uploads it to the remote server. Main Script #!/bin/bash -x ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP client is hanging very rarely!

Hi, I have a script in which I am using ftp to transfer some files from remote -> local and vice versa, this scripts is invoked by cron. for your reference I am sharing the function also : ============================================= fn_FileTransfer_LocalToRemote() { set -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshuman0507
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

FTP issue

Hello all, FTP times out when I transfer large files. Small files get transffered fine. small files -------- -bash-3.1$ ftp -i cldevoradb01 Connected to cldevoradb01.enterprisenet.org. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) 530 Please login with USER and PASS. 530 Please login with USER and PASS.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Issue

Hi all, iam trying to connect to a ftp site in putty by using the follwing command . ftp URLname. I get the below error ftp: usftp.ABC.com: unknown host. Iam able to connect to the same site through windows commandline. Can anyone put your thoughts on what might be the issue?. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathich
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi again, I'm using the following shell script via cron to upload the daily log files from my shell to the web server so we can view them online. But somehow logs get corrupted and i don't know what's issue. I would really appreciate for your help please. Shell Script: ftp.sh #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user`
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp issue

Hi we are facing an issue on our server our job connects to a target server and pulls the file from a location .But it is taking too much time to do this . Hwne i manully do the ftp it finished in few seconds .but when the jobs is pulling it is taking 30 to 40 min . please see the log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to a server using FTP is hanging

Hi Friends I have created a shell script to connect to a windows server. But the problem is while trying to run the script I am not getting any output. After running the script it is hanged and the prompt is not showing until if I press the ctrl+Z to break the script. I also tried using the FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp issue

I have logged into ftp and unable to enter into the below directory. can anyone help me out to enter into the below directory. ftp> dir 200 Command PORT okay. 150 File status okay; about to open data connection. drwx------ 0 0 Dec 15 06:39 BANK ISI-Bas ftp> cd BANK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies
TXP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD
January 26, 2012 BSD