Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4) Post 302948123 by BernP on Friday 26th of June 2015 03:19:35 AM
Old 06-26-2015
HP Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4)

In my previous thread post (which is also the most recent on this SCO forum), I mentioned that we have an HP DL380G5 server running SCO Unixware 7.11
which has unable to boot with error “FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can't load stage 3”.
Unfortunately no media is available for the machine and I think the ISO I mentioned in the aforesaid thread is not an emergency boot CD.

Hence I ask whether anyone has access to an Emergency Boot CD iso?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emergency help ! about unixware backup

MY question is : First I create emergency_disk successful ,and then I create emergency_rec with command " /sbin/emergency_rec ctape1 " (in single user mode) it prompt me as : "/tmp is busy " and "/usr/tmp/hwrdmon open failed errno 0X2 adapter enquiry failed for 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckylwf
1 Replies

2. SCO

Emergency boot

I need to boot an OpenServer 5.0.5 server but I don't have emergency boot disks for it. There are some boot disks of other servers. Can I use these disks, changing defbootstr ?. How ?. The fact is that administrator can't login as root and it seems to be a corrupted auth system issue. Other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dags
2 Replies

3. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

4. SCO

steps to boot SCO server off emergency tape

I know how to create the bootable tape image by using emergency_rec, but I could not find any document to instruct me on how to boot off the tape, and detail steps I should go through, for instance, at what point the booting sequency would prompt me to enter bootable path, and what the path is...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkky2k
0 Replies

5. SCO

unixware 7.1.0 boot floppy #2 needed if someone has one.

Hi all, I'm reinstalling unixware 7.1.0 on another machine for a customer that will replace the existing machine that is now in use. When i go to start the install the second floppy is not recognized. These are the original sco floppies. I have recreated the boot floppies from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDP
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Emergency help with script!

I'm trying to write a script to push out to all our servers some Veritas add-ons. I want the script to push to all servers and if there server hardware matches the uname -i statement, it will install a additional add-on.. The script keeps giving me a error on line 29. Here is the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Emergency !!!Help Please--- NFS

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following commands mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justin John
1 Replies

8. SCO

Need emergency boot floopy or 5.0.5 .iso file

We have old SCO Openserver 5.0.5. and its was running out of disk space on root disk - error 142 /2. I tried to move some files to another partition with space, but I ran into issue as I moved /opt/K and /opt/P. Now when the servers boots it fails and goes into debug mode. I don't have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
4 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency boot floppy - second hard disk not seen

OS = Openserver 5.0.5 Ran 'mkdev fd' and made emergency boot floppy (boot and root). Choose custom kernel, not generic. However kernel on the 1.44 floppy did not see both hard disks, it only saw the first one (SCSI id 0), and not SCSI id 1 (second disk) Q. Is this a limitation of emergency... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies
BOOT.CONFIG(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    BOOT.CONFIG(5)

NAME
boot.config -- Configuration file for the boot blocks DESCRIPTION
The boot.config file contains options for the FreeBSD boot block code. When the FreeBSD boot loader runs, it searches the ``a'' slice of the boot partition for a boot.config file (as a result, slices which are missing an ``a'' partition require user intervention during the boot process). If the boot.config file is found, its contents are used as the default configuration options for the boot block code and are echoed to the system console. A valid format of this file is to put BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a partition, a kernel file name, and any other valid boot(8) option on a single line, as it is done at the ``boot:'' prompt. The options related to the boot image selection described below and all the other options available for boot.config are documented in detail in the boot(8) manual page. FILES
/boot.config parameters for the boot blocks (optional) EXAMPLES
The command: # echo "-P" > /boot.config will activate the serial console of FreeBSD. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader" > /boot.config will instruct the second stage of boot(8) on the first disk to boot with the third boot(8) stage from the second disk. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader -P" > /boot.config will do both of the above. SEE ALSO
boot(8), loader(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2007 BSD