Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Suse 10 shows only 1 cpu Post 302947772 by guy3145 on Monday 22nd of June 2015 06:52:14 AM
Old 06-22-2015
thanks. but this article talks about adding a cpu while the vm is still running.
i added cpu when the vm was shutdown

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

2. SuSE

CPU and RAM comparison on suse vs solaris

hi, currently we have SAP application running on a solaris machine that has 8 dual core CPUs @ 2.4 GHZ and the performance of the system is perfectly normal. We plan to migrate the app to a suse linux VM image on a vmware box now. So my questions are: 1) Should i size the linux image to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: basisvasis
2 Replies

3. AIX

Wait time shows high CPU usage

Hi, I can't seem to make sense of this. My wait time is showing really high but vmstat's and topas are showing normal usage. ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM SZ RSS TTY STAT STIME TIME COMMAND root 9961810 5680.7 0.0 448 384 - A Dec 16 6703072:12 wait ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
2 Replies
NEWUSER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							NEWUSER(8)

NAME
newuser - adding a new user SYNOPSIS
rc /sys/lib/newuser DESCRIPTION
To establish a new user on Plan 9, add the user's name to /adm/users by running the newuser command on the console of the file server (see users(6) and fs(8)). Next, give the user a password using the changeuser command on the console of the authentication server (see auth(8)). At this point, the user can bootstrap a terminal using the new name and password. The terminal will only get as far as running rc, however, as no profile exists for the user. The rc(1) script /sys/lib/newuser sets up a sensible environment for a new user of Plan 9. Once the terminal is running rc, type rc /sys/lib/newuser to build the necessary directories in /usr/$user and create a reasonable initial profile in /usr/$user/lib/profile. The script then runs the profile which, as its last step, brings up 81/2(1). At this point the user's environment is established and running. (There is no need to reboot.) It may be prudent at this point to run passwd(1) to change the password, depending on how the initial password was cho- sen. The profile built by /sys/lib/newuser looks like this: bind -a $home/bin/rc /bin bind -a $home/bin/$cputype /bin font = /lib/font/bit/pelm/euro.9.font switch($service){ case terminal prompt=('term% ' ' ') fn term%{ $* } exec 81/2 case cpu bind -b /mnt/term/mnt/81/2 /dev prompt=('cpu% ' ' ') echo -n $sysname > /dev/label fn cpu%{ $* } news case con prompt=('cpu% ' ' ') news } Sites may make changes to /sys/lib/newuser that reflect the properties of the local environment. Use the -c option of mail(1) to create a mailbox. SEE ALSO
passwd(1), 81/2(1), namespace(4), users(6), auth(8), fs(8) NEWUSER(8)