Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk, split, print
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk, split, print Post 302945470 by yifangt on Friday 29th of May 2015 02:49:56 PM
Old 05-29-2015
Thanks a lot, to all of you!
Scrutinizer, I used the gsub() that will modify all columns, which is not so flexible as others. But yours are cool alternates without split() though!
Wait a minute, could you explain for me $1=xin this one: awk -F/ '{p=$0; $1=x; print p $0}'? Thanks!

Last edited by yifangt; 05-29-2015 at 04:14 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split and print $PATH

Hello simple question : how can i split the $PATH by the ":" seperator with one liner ? mybe using awk is there any builtin function in awk that splits and prints the output ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

4. AIX

split a filename and print to 2 different headings

I need help to split a filename 'a0crk_user:A0-B0123$#%test' into a0crk_user and A0-B0123 and print the output under 2 different columns namely User and Status. for eg. the output should like below: User Status ---- ------ a0crk_user A0-B0123 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split and print

I have a file with data such as: X Y Z 4 1,3,5,7, 4,6,8,10, A B C 3 2,3,4, 5,9,11, E F G 5 1,2,3,4,5, 8,9,10,11,12, Columns 1, 2 and 3 are descriptions. Column 4 tells how many numbers are in columns 5 and 6 What I'd like to do is split column 5 and column 6 by the "," and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcfargo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK split

Dear colleagues! I want to create a script which will take each file from the list and then parse it filename with awk/split. I do it this way: for file in `cat /$FileListFN`; do echo `awk ' {N=split(FILENAME,FNParts,"_")} {for (i=1; i<=N; i++) ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: slarionoff
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk split

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with this ? It does not produce anyoutput. awk 'split( "this:that", arr,":")' (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split help

Hello, I have the following input file: A=1;B=2;C=3;D=4 A=4;B=6;C=7;D=9 I wish to have the following output 1 2 3 4 4 6 7 9 Can awk split be used to do this? I have done this without using split, but the process is quite tedious. Any help is appreciated! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk split and awk calculation in the same command

I am trying to run the awk below. My question is when I split the input, then run anotherawk to perform a calculation using that splitas the input there are no issues. When I try to combine them the output is not correct, is the split not working or did I do it wrong? Thank you :). input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)